“HIGHLY recommended!”

Visconti's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Visconti's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 93 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 2
Description: We feature award winning wine selections of both Italian and local wines. Add gourmet Italian cuisine and you have a recipe for a great dining experience!
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We have just returned from dinner at Visconti's and I have it saying am impressed. After a less than stellar experience the previous evening at another Leavenworth restaurant I was hoping we could get a decent meal. I have to say Visconti is up there among my top 10 Italian restaurants.
Whenever I try an Italian restaurant the first time I like to try its interpretation of some classic dishes. The bruschetta was fresh and flavour-packed, and the chicken Parm with spaghettini side was perfectly executed. The green salad was simple but fresh with just the right amount of toasted pine nut crunch. The wine list is great. My server forgot to bring the bread but apologized and sent us home with some focaccia and oil with balsamic vinegar to enjoy later. Truly it wasn't necessary since I probably would not otherwise had the terrific house-made tiramisu. If you enjoy Italian fare try Visconti's and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Excellent food, fantastic service, wonderful European/local wine list. Bar service was exceptional with high quality drinks.
Mostly Italian menu, but exceptional wood roasted veggies, steak and fish. Best pizza in Leavenworth. Price is worth the value.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We’ve been to Visconti’s a few times during our visits to Leavenworth, sometimes in the Sausage Garden, sometimes upstairs during lunch and having some of the cured meats. Always quite good. This time was my first time for dinner there and I was looking forward to it. But, the experience was less than positive.
We got there at about 6:30 for dinner, place was less than ½ full and we had no problem getting a table. We were seated quickly and got our menus. We knew from previous visits that their Bruschetta was outstanding and we ordered it right away together with some wine. All seemed fine, the wait stuff was friendly, but quite disorganized.
After a while our waitress came back and we ordered our main dishes. Bruschetta arrived and it was as we expected…tomatoes weren’t that fresh, but then it wasn’t really the season and we accepted that. When our main dishes arrived the disappointment started. The Chicken Parmesan was the worst CP I’ve ever had, a fairly large, but thin piece of chicken, breaded and fried, smothered in a tomato sauce and a hard mozzarella layer on top. It basically was a glob of cheese on top of the chicken. The spaghettini on the side where completely tasteless and had no salt, while the marinara/tomato sauce had separated (watery tomato sauce underneath, tomato sauce clumps on top). The taste of the chicken was ok, the cheese provided the flavor, certainly not the looks, the pasta was pretty much forgettable and I left it on the table.
The squash ravioli looked ok when brought to the table, but there was absolutely nothing on the plate for the eye. All the same color, white plate, beige pasta, with a little butter on top, no garnish, no nothing. My partner was looking forward to the dish, but was quite disappointed. Half of the pasta was al dente and warm, the rest was not fully cooked and lukewarm inside. Taste was ok, but not what was expected.
On top of this, we’ve overheard our waitress tell the next table about the appetizer specials and then later another table about the dinner/entrée specials, dishes we would have taken and tried in a heartbeat. Interestingly enough though, she didn’t mention the entrée specials to the one table or the appetizers to the other. You would expect a full list of specials, but not here.
When we left and walked downstairs, the hostess, chatting with two waiters could care less, no “Good Night” no “Thank you for visiting” or anything else. The whole ambiance was quite disappointing.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This place knows customer service ! Great selection of meats and cheeses in the shop downstairs and the food is what you want from an Italian restaurant.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My Wife and I stopped for lunch . The service was out standing we ordered the Capricees Burger . Wonderful flavor very well cook and . Will return again when we pass Leavenworth ..