“Great fish and chips”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 2, 2007

We ordered the prime rib dip and halibut fish and chips. The sandwich was good but the fish and chips were some of the best we ever had! Both the restaurant and menu are on the small side, but the service was fast and friendly, the restaurant was clean, and the food was satisfying.

Reviewed November 29, 2006

I have a snapshot of the lunch I was served at Gustov's as the "desktop" for my home computer.

Loved the food, returned twice in a three day visit to
Leavenworth.

Don't miss the bratwurst.

2  Thank GPNWW
Reviewed September 16, 2006

My fiance who was visiting from England and I went to Gustav's on 9/13/06 and had an awful experience. I have been to this restaurant many times over the years and in the past it had always been great. My fiance had never been there before so I was telling him how good it was. We had a horrible experience and found out afterwards that they have new management which may explain the change.

When we got there, there was not a hostess so we seated ourselves. When our waitress came up to take our order, I asked her the difference between 4 types of sausages. She rattled them off so fast that it was useless. I tried to ask her again to describe them and she said, "Oh, so we are starting over." We just ended up randomly ordering a side sausage to get started as an appetizer. She ended up bringing the whole sausage sandwich meal. When I told her that we just ordered a side sausage, she said that I actually ordered the meal. We let it go and ordered our meals. The sausage was so chewy that we could not even eat it. My fiance ordered a deli sandwich which was served on dry stale bread with wilted condiments. I ordered a grilled tomato and cheese which normally comes with large pickle halves. When I got my order the cheese was not melted and there were not any pickles with it. I asked her for pickles and she said that it does not come with them and walked off. We looked at the menu again and clearly the sandwich comes with pickles. She did not come back to our table so we showed it to another waitress. They ended up getting into an argument about the pickles. Finally, our waitress came by and dropped 4 small pickle spears in a cardboard container onto the table. She never came back and filled our drinks or checked on us to see if we needed anything. We got the check and after all of that found that she charged us additionally for the pickles that came with the meal!!! We had to resolve it again with another waitress as our waitress never came back. It was a very frustrating and negative experience and I will never go the Gustav's again!

9  Thank roulettelover
Reviewed August 3, 2006

I live in the Wenatchee Valley and this is one of my favorite places in Leavenworth. If you are looking for somewhere more casual Gustav's is your best bet. Great atmosphere and good food! The menu is on the small side but what they don't offer in food they make up for in atmosphere. If you go during the summer make sure to get a table outside; the mountain views are amazing.

Reviewed October 6, 2005

Gustav's is a bar with burgers, and some German food on the menu. I found that the menu was pretty limited, but the food was good. They don't include fries with their burger, but charge you separately for a HUGE basket of fries. The service was good. This wouldn't be at the top of my list of places to visit again, but definitely a great place for burgers.

2  Thank seattle_knitter