“If you love Pork Hocks!!!”

King Ludwig's Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 93 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: American, German, Hungarian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is the place to go if you love Pork Hocks!!! I've never seen anyplace prepare them the way King Ludwig's does. It's crispy and by golly it's huge!!! It's pricey but it's all worth it. Every time my husband and I come to Leavenworth, King Ludwig's is a must-stop.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Family meal for four was enough for six, great sampler of various meats, vegetables, spatzel, potato salad, etc. great food, good service, highly recommend for families or couples.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

It's always a pleasure to go to King Ludwig's. They have the best portion for family style platter. For two, you can order platter and additional pork hock would be an awesome meal. We were there early on Sunday morning, they don't open till 11:30ish. We had to walked around town for hours to come back for lunch. While we weren't sure they are opening or not, there are other tourists shouted "Look! it's grilling! look at the grill rack! there is no way they aren't opening today".. SO WE WAITED till they opened. I was hopping they have much better indication if they are opening or not though.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I liked this place..unfortunately we missed the music but the food was very good..I'd like to go back when they are playing.looks fun

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We actually went twice during the week to have the schwein hax'n. In the window you see the roasting meat and it draws you in. Despite a wait to be seated, it is worth it. The platters of meat and sausages are huge. Very tasty, with a good selection of German beer. The small family dining area can get noisy, we preferred the beer hall with the large benches. The only thing missing from our lunches was live polka music, which only plays weekend nights.

About the schwein hax'n, the skin/fat is crispy and wonderful, the meat just falls off the bone and is full of flavor. I don't know how they do it, but I'd love to cook this at home. Of course next week I'll need to get my cholesterol checked :)

3  Thank Wanderlust1954