“Rest Stop”
Review of Blackbird Bistro - CLOSED

Blackbird Bistro
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great place to take a break for a latte or hot chocolate warm up. Cozy leather chairs or tables. Free wi fi

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast, based upon other reviews. We ordered the steak breakfast wrap and bisquits and gravy. Both were absolutely wonderful and filling. The espresso was also delicious. Very nice atmosphere, friendly staff and clean restaurant, we travel regularly to Leavenworth for weekend getaways, it is difficult to find food that is worth talking about. We loved this place and will gladly return!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've eaten here 3 or 4 times, and always walk away impressed. They've got terrific food, excellent coffee, and wonderful atmosphere. Me and a few friends are making a habit of meeting for lunch there, and I've sent loads of people who ask me for breakfast recommendations down here.

They make a killer caramel macchiato, too.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We each got a cafe beverage and sandwich. Both drinks were tasty and adequately prepared; however the sandwiches were not good and definitely overpriced. One of us got a turkey sandwich which was subpar and the other of us got a French dip. The French dip had so much grissel and fat that it was nearly inedible. It also lacked flavor or seasoning. And it was thickly cut, about 3-4mm. Not good at all and to top it all the portions were small considering we paid $11.25 for it and it came with about 1-1.25 oz of chips. Plenty of food, but expensive considering it was about a 5 inch sub. The turkey was made with cheap deli meat, processed crap and again expensive.

On a good note the atmosphere was nice, pleasant and warm although slightly dark even on a sunny day.

I would recommend here for coffee and maybe a pastry. They looked tasty although we didn't try them. We had already dropped over $30 for the sandwiches. I don't recommend it for the sandwiches. I myself probably would not come back here.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This place is a little gem hidden off the main street in downtown Leavenworth. If you are lucky enough to stumble upon it between the hours of 8am-1pm you are in luck! Order at the counter either breakfast, brunch or lunch items that are made fresh on the spot and someone, usually the cook or the owner, will bring it out to your table.

Big open space that was air conditioned with several tables or couches to choose from. The food was excellent. We had the chicken/basil pannin, oatmeal and egg croissant sandwich. Also asked for mimosas and they were HUGE! Prices were excellent and the owner even came out and chatted with us for a bit. I highly recommend coming here if you can. I don't think they are open for dinner, that's a shame, but the owner said they are just getting started so that may change.

We will be back! Beer and wine is also avaialble.