“Good breakfast spot”

Cuisines: American
Seattle, Washington
“Good breakfast spot”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We chose to eat here after I scoured all of the reviews in Leavenworth. Wow - seems like the town is really laking in good breakfast spots! Cafe Verona does not open until 8am, much like all the other breakfast places, which seems odd considering we were one party of 5 waiting to get in! We were seated by a man (the owner?), and given coffee. The space is cute and charming, as well as the building. When we gave our order, I wanted a single biscuit and side of bacon. (they do have biscuits on their menu in the a la carte section). He told me he didn't think I could have a biscuit as they were reserved to the "biscuits and gravy" they offer. (Did I need to order biscuits but hold the gravy???). He then came back from the kitchen and said "You can have one biscuit". This just made me chuckle!!! My Dad ordered sausage, eggs, hash browns, and toast - which was a large amount of food - all looked very hot and good - and he enjoyed it. The bacon I had was very good, as was my ONE biscuit. In fact, its the best biscuit I've had in a long time. I would go back here - it was well prepared food and fresh. Be aware that the dining room fills up fast, so if you want breakfast get there at opening time.

• Visited June 2014

Tampa, Florida
“Nice breakfast snack”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stopped by after 2 local fire inspectors recommended the place for breakfast with an outside table. We both had fresh coffee, the wife had apple strudel and I had the cherry strudel They were both fresh and tasty. The service was exceptional. We recommend this place for a light breakfast.

• Visited June 2014
Enumclaw, Washington
“Great breakfast spot”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

It was warm, quiet and cozy. The service was great and our food came out fast. The potatoes tasted like they had been reheated but everything else was delicious! The country gravy with sausage is a must. We will eat here again.

Visited February 2014
Seattle
“Good food and service”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Had an early dinner here on Friday, we were the only people there so service was good and we got the food quickly. The drinks were pretty good too. We're ordered the pork entrees and were impressed with the dish. It tasted like home cooking.

Visited December 2013
SE Washington State
“A good place for a quick breakfast”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Cafe Verona is not swanky nor avant-garde in any way. But that is not what we were looking for when we stepped in for a good, satisfying and reasonably-priced breakfast. The staff and other diners were friendly and the food delivered in a timely fashion. We were there on a cold, wintry day and the inside of the restaurant was chilly, especially near the doors. So if you are there when it is cold, select your table accordingly.

• Visited December 2013