“Great Hotel, Very Nice, Affordable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Innsbrucker Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Innsbrucker Inn
Ranked #16 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Olympia, Washington, United States
“Great Hotel, Very Nice, Affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in the Sherlock Holmes room. It was spacious and the bed was comfortable. There was a full sized couch too. The room was clean. It was supplied with a coffee machine and coffee supplies. It even had an umbrella, which we used. The room was themed in the Sherlock Holmes theme, it was very nicely done. There was an old typewriter, an old telephone, and books. On the wall was painted a quote from Sherlock Holmes: something like "Life is infinitely stranger than the human mind could invent". It was a cool room. And it overlooked the downtown tourist area. There was a large balcony with chairs. The staff was very helpful and they reserved a parking space for us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Holly C

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bellevue, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed in the Chocolate Suite. The photos and video on their website are an ok representation of the room. The staff at the bookstore counter (that's where you check in) were very nice. The suite is a decent size.

Issues: The Inn is old, outdated, and extremely worn. What you don't see in the photos and video is the bathroom shower tiles. The grout is supposed to be white but about 1/2 of it is black from mold. There is also mold between the tub and tile plus the corner of the floor and tub. I let the front desk lady know but all she said was that the housekeeper had left for the day. All they need is a $2.00 bottle of bleach to kill the mold!

A place like this, even though it's old, should really pay attention to the details that they can fix. At least that would make it more pleasant. For instance, the bathroom had a basic light fixture with 3 globes hanging from the wall. Two of the bulbs were obviously different and the third one didn't have a bulb at all.

The lamp on the nightstand in the bedroom kept falling on the floor. They reason is that it was missing the top piece to screw it down onto the lamp. The majority of the lighting in the room had to be hand switched at the lamp. It was very annoying to try and find a lamp in the dark. There is a lamp hanging from the ceiling in the kitchen/living room area that you would assume has a wall switch but it doesn't. You have to reach up into the lamp to turn it out. I hope you aren't short.

The carpet has several waves which looks bad and is a tripping hazard. My guess is that the carpet needed to be replaced about 10 years ago. My favorite fix (I'm being facetious) is the back of the bathroom door. Someone puttied an area of the door about 10" high and 4" wide. It's a cheap hollow door. Just replace the door!

The room is not worth the amount of money that they are charging. It's probably worth about $50.00 a night. All in all, I won't be back.

Room Tip: The second floor suites have a balcony. The third floor suite does not.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Forsetir
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at the Innsbrucker because our usual hotel (The Bavarian across the street) was completely booked up. We were very pleasantly surprised, and given the great experience we had at the Innsbrucker we may have just found our new "regular" hotel in Leavenworth!

First, we loved the location - right in the heart of downtown. I loved having the opportunity to open the window up wide and people watch. That being said, since you're in downtown if you have the windows open you can clearly hear downtown. This was a plus for us - when the kids got tired we went back to the room, but opened the windows wide and listened to the live music at the beer garden next door. The town closes up very early, so noise didn't keep us up at night in the least.

Second, we loved the room. Yes, it's a bit dated, but that really didn't bother us at all. We stayed in the "Chocolate Room" and were thrilled to have a bit of extra room since we brought the kids with us for this trip. Plenty of space and having the kitchen was very nice. Our room had a fridge, range/oven, coffee maker, microwave, pots and pans, cooking utensils, and dishes. There was even a chocolate fondue pot. Large bathroom, and the added privacy of the suite bedroom was awesome. The bed was good, we slept great. The kids appreciated the novelty of the chocolate room, too, with Willie Wonka painted on the living room wall and a large cocoa tree painted in the bathroom. Only thing I really didn't like about the room was the location of the smoke alarm - right by the kitchen so it went off when I was frying bacon in the morning...

Third, the service was very good. When we had trouble finding a parking spot,the front desk attendant went out to the parking lot with us and assisted us until a parking space was acquired. Since the inn owners also own the bookstore below, inn guests receive a discount at the bookstore. The service was courteous, the room was very clean, and we had everything we needed.

No, there's not a continental breakfast or a pool, but I think the charm, location, and service made up for it. Plus, this suite was $25 cheaper than our "regular" double queen room across the street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelerwannabe32
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Workers on roof till after9pm,then they partied in room next to us till 12. Just after 6am on roof again working.leaf blower going at 6am. Front desk did not advise us of construction before checking in and did not apologize for any inconvenience. Rooms dated,no fridge.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Wickedblondie
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed in the "Patrick McMannus" room with a friend for 4 nights in August. A very good sized room with two large and comfortable beds and a good bathroom and separate wash basin area, and also a shared balcony off the back. Very clean and superbly kept by housekeeping during the stay - it was impeccable with what seemed like complete replacement of towels and soaps etc. Very good central location in Leavenworth (set back a little off the main road so a bit of noise). No breakfast, but places walkable and a Starbucks straight under the hotel rooms. The decor of the particular room I expected to be a little disconcerting - bear and deer heads on the walls - but in fact was not so much the case, and the rest of the themed decor was nicely done! Kind and hospitable host - though we only needed to speak the once with her at the start to check in. In terms of value for money I thought the place was really excellent based on two sharing. I don't think there was wifi internet which was a shame, but then I didn't ask about this, I just didn't find it anywhere and wasn't in the room guide.

Room Tip: All rooms are themed - check online for a guide to each including some video footage
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Steve S
Issaquah, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights last weekend. The location of the hotel was perfect. We were walking distance to the restaurants and shops, and we were right above Starbucks. The decor of our room was...well interesting. We had the 'Patrick McManus' room and the first thing I noticed when I walked in was the deer head hanging on the wall. Oh my! The rooms are decorated after literary authors and Patrick McManus writes about his outdoor adventures. So, our room had a hunting/fishing/outdoor theme. Not my style, but it was alright for a couple of nights. The beds were not very comfortable but then again, we were only there a short time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J D
Yakima, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2009

My wife and I were looking for a room downtown where we could walk out our doors to the shops without having to ride the shuttle or try to find a parking spot. So when we found the website we thought we would try it out. We reserved a room for 2 nights (required for summer weekends). We thought the room was cute when we first arrived until we attempted to sleep on the equivalent of granite. At 4:30 A.M. the garbage truck arrived, and at 5:30 A.M. the streetsweeper arrived. After a sleepless night I asked to cancel the second night (did not want a second sleepless night). The owner told my wife and I that the beds were new and that she has never received a complaint. She also declined giving us a refund for the second night which was charged to my credit card. My wife and I went down the street to the Leavenworth Village Inn - I highly recommend staying there since it is a much quieter location, the beds are comfortable, and the manager appreciated our business!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple