“Visit Leavenworth, the town”

Leavenworth Ski Hill
Ranked #13 of 48 things to do in Leavenworth
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Leavenworth is a great little Bavarian village which has a multitude of shops and restaurants. The Leavenwoth ski hill is not too far away. For those traveling from Seattle, it is a good 2 1/2 hour trip but well worth the effort. There are many restaurants rated on trip advisor so finding a good one will be easy to do. Great skiing and then hit the pubs for a cool drink. We loved it.

2  Thank Stephen W
There are newer reviews for Leavenworth Ski Hill

Reviewed February 12, 2013

TripAdvisior has this attraction listed as the Leavenworth Ski Hill - but it is formally named the Leavenworth Winter Sports Club (http://www.skileavenworth.com). The proprietor(?) / manager, Susan, was *extremely* helpful as we tried to determine if our 30 year old disabled daughter (and our 4 & 5 year old grand daughters) would be able to use the tubing hill. Susan was extremely accomodating... allowing us all to try it out (even though it was a busy day)... to make sure it would work for everyone before buying tickets. Especially with regard to my daughter's needs, she was sure to communicate to all her staff working the tubing hill... and everyone was very concerned to make the experience safe and fun for my daughter. (Due to her disability, she does not get to do things like this often - even though she loves adventurous and "fast" activities.) I can't speak to the skiing, since I did not use the ski hills. They parts I saw generally looked like bunny slopes and were serviced with tow ropes. But the place was busy and everyone seemed to be having fun in the snow. I am giving this place a 5 star rating just on the staff and customer service alone!! Oh... and the tubing was really fun too!

1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife, daughter (age 12) and I did the inner tube ride at ski hill. The run is not very long but does get you moving down a designed run that has a few small jumps at the end. It was suitable for a wide range of ages and the rope tow made it easy to get in a lot of runs.

I would recommend arriving early because as the day goes on the line gets longer and you get fewer trips down the hill.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Dont be deceived by the name. we initially thought it was just for skiing but they offer other snow activities as well. Went there for tubing. They allow you to try it out first before you have to buy the ticket good for 1.5 hrs, which was very nice of them. There was only one course for tubing, and although the slide down was exciting with the curves and height, going for the same course over and over again could be get boring.

They offer skiing lessons but you have to rent your gear in town, not in the same vicinity as the hills, so could be a hassle.

1  Thank CecilleB
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We liked that our kids could try skiing in an environment that was not overwhelming. No big looming lifts or crowds. There is a rope tow and a small easy hills. The instructor was super patient with our kids. Lessons were reasonable as was the rope tow ticket. You can't rent skis here but there are many places around Leavenworth. We found them to be quick and easy to rent. I'd say for elementary age kids looking to give skiing a try this is a great place. We also spent an afternoon tubing which was great fun for some and a little scary for our younger ones who ended up in a nearby park sledding. There is a warm up cabin with big fireplace and inexpensive meals (hot dogs, nachos, cocoa). Not upscale by an means but totally fine. Overall a nice little place.

1  Thank skippie_8