“OMG - "Off the Charts Amazing!"”

Kingfisher Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Kingfisher Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 90 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy. 2
Transit: Stops A Coulomb Tech CT2103 charging station is available to overnight guests of the resort on a complimentary basis. Visitors to the local area are also able to use the station, with a reservation via a special ChargePass™ card for a nominal fee of $1 per hour.
Description: Features gourmet meals created with the freshest local ingredients, many from Sleeping Lady's own two-acre organic garden. Meals are chef's choice and are served buffet style in Kingfisher's lodge-style setting which features exposed wood beams, river rock, and sweeping views of Icicle Canyon. European-style seating encourages interaction among guests. In the summer months, the terrace and the creek side meadow are available for outdoor seating. An extensive beer and wine list highlights local favorites and compliments the menu, which changes daily. Seasonal specialty drinks are also available.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG - "Off the Charts Amazing!"”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Been here for a week...just like every year because there is no such food experience like this in the world. The Kingfisher is ridiculously amazing. Besides the unique, original flavors and natural and fresh ingredients...the overall combination of food and presentation is off the charts amazing. Tonight (my 5th dinner in a row) was the best of the best. Each night I walk out saying "It couldn't be any better." But, guess what? Tonight was the best. I consider myself a salmon snob after many trips to Alaska and growing up in the Puget Sound. However, tonight's salmon was the best salmon I've ever had. Period. When I say best...I mean best. You will not find a salmon recipe like this anywhere. I've never posted a review about a restaurant...until tonight. Amazing!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Scott S
pkhels, General Manager at Kingfisher Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Wow! What a compliment to our Culinary Department and I know they certainly appreciate your comments. Thank you for sharing your experience. We do hope to see you again and thank you for being our guest.

Paula Helsel

Lahaina, Hawaii
“Excellent meals in a beautiful setting.”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The meals are served buffet style with the food being of gourmet quality. Many of the vegetables are grown on the property's organic garden. We had breakfast and dinner there which were included in our room rate at the Sleeping Lady Resort. For breakfast, there are enough choices to keep one fueled for the day. The dinner offers a variety of vegetarian, fish, and meat choices. The dessert selection is also amazing. The staff are also very friendly and professional.

Visited June 2014
We so appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at Kingfisher Restaurant. It helps the entire team to hear directly from the guests. I'm delighted you had such a good experience.

We hope to serve you again in the near future!

Paula Helsel
Olympia Wa
“Wonderfull food , lovely restaurant by the river”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Restaurant serves only table d'hote , $40 including a drink,self serve salad bar, fish, meat and veg options and desert bar.
I had locally caught steel head trout, fresh, lovely. Steak looked great too. Service was attentive , chefs serve food at bar.

Visited May 2014
pkhels, General Manager at Kingfisher Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. We so appreciate hearing from our guests and use this feedback to gauge what is working well and what is not.

I'm so glad you had a great experience and I hope we can serve you again in the near future.

Paula Helsel,CHA
Seattle
“Great place-underwhelmed by food and staffing”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were just there last night. As it was a special occasion we had high hopes. There was no bartender and no buffet. There was only one waitress and instead of the 6 people they were expecting there were about 16. The waitress was running around like crazy. The food was cold and only so-so. I've had better food from the grocery store near us. There was no evidence of a manager or a chef. The restaurant itself is a nice setting. It's too bad the food is so disappointing and they are so terribly understaffed. The meal needless to say was WAY overpriced. I wouldn't go back. I felt sorry for the waitress. I might stop here for a glass of wine since it is such a nice setting.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank belle-piano
I appreciate hearing about your recent experience at Kingfisher and regret that we disappointed you. We strive to provide an amazing dining experience every time but this apparently was a time we missed it. Please accept my sincerest apology.

I would love to talk to you personally and have you return for a better experience. Please contact me if you would be interested in returning.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Paula Helsel,CHA
Leavenworth, Washington
“A delightful evening at the Kingfisher Restaurant”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

It had been a while since we had dinner at the Kingfisher Restaurant and we decided to celebrate a birthday there. Being midweek it was very quiet and relaxing. We had a seat by the window overlooking the Chihuly glass installation and were pleasantly surprised to find that the Kingfisher now offers table service instead of the "camp-style" buffet we had experienced in the past We had a wonderful salad of roasted beet, bacon, goat cheese and candied nuts on a bed of arugula, followed by French onion soup with one of the most fragment and flavorful broth i've experienced. The entree included a taste of all three offerings - sliced of medium rare hanger steak on a potato purée, fresh halibut accompanied by farro and peas and a slice of marinated tofu under a bed of braised greens. Dessert was an assortment of small bites and we both chose one with berries and one with lemon. A very nice evening and we won't wait as long to go there again.

• Visited April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent experience in Kingfisher. I'm delighted you had a chance to see the changes made since your last visit and that it was a good experience for you.

We so appreciate hearing feedback from our guests. It is the number one way to continue to improve on the offerings and service at Sleeping Lady.

Thank you again and we will look forward to serving you again in the future!

Paula Helsel, CHA