“Pretentiousness Seems Unjustified”

Kingfisher Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Kingfisher Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 92 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy. 2
Transit: Stops A Coulomb Tech CT2103 charging station is available to overnight guests of the resort on a complimentary basis. Visitors to the local area are also able to use the station, with a reservation via a special ChargePass™ card for a nominal fee of $1 per hour.
Description: Features gourmet meals created with the freshest local ingredients, many from Sleeping Lady's own two-acre organic garden. Meals are chef's choice and are served buffet style in Kingfisher's lodge-style setting which features exposed wood beams, river rock, and sweeping views of Icicle Canyon. European-style seating encourages interaction among guests. In the summer months, the terrace and the creek side meadow are available for outdoor seating. An extensive beer and wine list highlights local favorites and compliments the menu, which changes daily. Seasonal specialty drinks are also available.
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We ate breakfast only, and on that experience had no interest in trying dinner, even though we were staying at the lodge. First, as other reviewers have pointed out, buffet does not mean so much self-serve or 'all you can eat' as it simply means all items are visible, and so no menu is needed. Some items are self-serve (including smoked salmon), but not the eggs or bacon or strangely, the coffee. Juice if wanted, is extra. Service was awkward, not done by experienced waitpersons but two young college men who seemed conflicted and so even with their good intentions, service was slow even though few people were there. The quality of the food was average. There is clearly an implied demand to be thrilled, which is irksome given the lack of anything standing out.

1  Thank Michael_Samsel
Wildflower98826, General Manager at Kingfisher Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

I regret to hear that your recent experience at breakfast was disppointing.Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your comments so that we can improve our service in the future.

It's important to us to provide exemplary service and an outstanding product. Comments from our guests let us know the areas that need our focus.

Again my sincere apologies and thanks,

Paula Helsel

There are newer reviews for Kingfisher Restaurant & Wine Bar

Reviewed May 14, 2012

My sisters and I took our Mother and 2 granddaughters to the Kingfisher restaurant at the Sleeping Lady in Leavenworth. The food was ok, but not at all worth the $37 price tag. It was too noisy to even visit at the large round table we were sat at. The service was very marginal. I realize it is a buffet, but we had to chase down our wait staff for coffee or juice. We waited for her to come get our money, she said she would be our cashier, We got tired of waiting for her to come back by, so went to the front. My sister voiced our complaint about the price, service, etc at that time and got a snotty response. Then the register was not working so she had to go the the bar register. The whole experience was negative I am afraid. Looks like a nice place, but Hospitality was definetely lacking. We won't be back. Also my Mom complained that all the brunch hot food was way too spicy for her. The desserts were not marked as to what they were, I have a nut allergy, so avoided them as nothing was posted as to ingredients.

3  Thank bluejay78
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My sisters and I took Mom there for Mother's Day. The brunch was mediocre food and the service was horrible. We had to hunt down a server to get coffee and juice--I mean get up and hunt one down. The food was just usual breakfast food---nothing special. When asked how we liked it, we explained that we had high expectations at $37.00 per person. The manager said "Well, it's Mother's Day". Like we deserve to be gouged on that day. Also the accoustics were very bad. It was so noisy we had to practically yell at each other across the table to be heard. Don't go there--not worth it!

1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The food is just Ok, the desert is no good. There is a level of expertise missing from the kitchen. It would be nice if they had room service for the price they charge!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I would have given this place 5 stars, but there were some service issues.

The food was amazing. I saw some other reviews mention there weren't many options and that things were basic, but every meal I ate (I was @ Sleeping Lady for several days and all my meals were here) had very gourmet options. The salad bar and desert bars were always well stocked with good offerings and the main dishes were quite tasty and unique as well. The food was definitely the high-point of our trip.

The service...
The first night we were there our waiters were excellent. They were charming, friendly, witty, knowledgeable and extremely attentive to our needs.
The rest of the trip things went down hill. At breakfast the staff seemed asleep on their feet and we had to ask them several times to bring us orange juice or open up the buffet. They also had too few people serving the buffet lines most of the time. Sometimes orders for wine would go forgotten or mixed up, and some of the staff seemed overly young and immature: they would stand around chatting or texting on their phones.

Great food! Just need to fix the staff issues.

2  Thank SeattleKC