“Even gluten free people can eat well here.”

Kingfisher Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Kingfisher Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 93 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy. 2
Transit: Stops A Coulomb Tech CT2103 charging station is available to overnight guests of the resort on a complimentary basis. Visitors to the local area are also able to use the station, with a reservation via a special ChargePass™ card for a nominal fee of $1 per hour.
Description: Features gourmet meals created with the freshest local ingredients, many from Sleeping Lady's own two-acre organic garden. Meals are chef's choice and are served buffet style in Kingfisher's lodge-style setting which features exposed wood beams, river rock, and sweeping views of Icicle Canyon. European-style seating encourages interaction among guests. In the summer months, the terrace and the creek side meadow are available for outdoor seating. An extensive beer and wine list highlights local favorites and compliments the menu, which changes daily. Seasonal specialty drinks are also available.
Reviewed February 28, 2012

All the food was great and it was nice to have an area labeled gluten free.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Incredible fresh, organic, local foods. Great selection of food and wine.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

My husband and I were very impressed from the moment we walked in the door. I am a vegan and when our hostess checked us in she saw the note on the computer about my dietary needs and made sure I was taken care of for the rest of the evening. Food was excellent. Jose the chef is clearly passionate about what he does and enjoys serving his food to people. I was worried about it being a "buffet" but I observed that they keep the food covered unless they are serving it to you so it stays hot and fresh. The chef is more than willing to tell you every ingredient of each dish he has made. There are LOTS of choices for dessert. They even had vegan dessert both nights! The salad bar is the best I have ever had. I don't anticipate that my husband and I will eat anywhere else in Leavenworth again!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed at the Sleeping Lady & dinner &breakfast at the Kingfisher were included in our package so that's why we ate there. Dinner was pretty bad - our server was horrible & the food wasn't very good or varied. I was looking forward to our meal there as I had read some great reviews, but the "buffet" was really just a salad bar with some desserts & then one meal option. Breakfast was ok - but don't expect any custom options such as an omelet bar or pancake station for the kids. Very basic eggs, bacon, potatoes, etc. Dinner for myself & 2 young kids (4 & 6) would have been $100 - very overpriced for the value in my opinion.

phelsel, General Manager at Kingfisher Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience in Kingfisher Restaurant. I regret hearing you were disappointed with the buffet and service.

Feedback such as yours is important to us so we can continue to provide the type of spectacular service and food we are renowned for.

Respectfully,

Paula Helsel, CHA

Reviewed December 26, 2011

Apparently brunch didn't work out as well for the Kingfisher as it is no more. My wife and I visited the Kingfisher a couple of years ago when they were serving brunch. We were very satisfied with the selection and quality. As we don't overnight at the Sleeping Lady Resort brunch works best for us. Now if one wants a late breakfast one must show up just before it ends at 10. Our reservation was for 9:45.

In spite of all that the breakfast fixings were very good and the absence of the lunch items of a brunch were not missed. The hot buffet line is a bit narrow in its offerings (no eggs Benedict for example) but the basics were there; eggs, meats, pan cakes and pizza(?).

The grain selections were comprehensive and high quality with scones, croissants, bagels and natural cold cereals galore. Great, designer jams and jellies are a nice touch.

Service was good, actually better than we remembered as this was one of the weak points of past visits. Shortly after we secured our hot plate and got seated our server told us that the hot line would close in a few minutes. Shortly thereafter he informed us that they would hold the line open for another twenty minutes. Nice.

In retrospect, though, they should have closed the damn thing down anyway. My second pass through for more bacon and sausage did my belt line no good. But is was Xmas, what the hay!