“Rude and confusing”
Review of Ducks and Drakes

Ducks and Drakes
Ranked #53 of 90 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Please join us in our NEW LOCATION, 221 8th St. (the old Katzenjammers). We have outdoor seating in a garden patio, room for large groups, kids allowed until 9pm, a game room for the kids/adults of all ages, and we serve food later than anyone in town.
“Rude and confusing”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Ducks and Drakes in the past and have usually had a good experience, this last trip was not the case. As we walked in the bar area was very crowded but the back and side room had lots of open tables, we stopped to assess the room and a lady, didn't realize she worked there, came running over telling us we could not stand there and needed to move or leave. We found this strange since most places don't encourage customers to leave, especially with so many open tables. So we went back outside and sat on the patio, one person in our group was able to squeeze inside and grab a few drinks for the group. We witnessed this same occurrence several times in the hour or so that we were there, just a very unfriendly approach to customers, everyone else was very nice, maybe it just wasn't her day. Because we have had good experiences here in the past I will go back, but this trip was not very encouraging

Visited October 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Cute name, blah meal experience”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

First I'll say our waiter was nice and carried on good conversation. And my salad was decent.

However, the kitchen was painfully slow. We got deliriously hungry it took so long. I just sat with my head in my hands waiting, waiting, waiting. If it wasn't a busy weekend, we would have left. We stayed for fear we'd end up waiting even longer altogether if we tried somewhere else.

A plain Tavern that happens to be family friendly. One nice thing was the restroom was clean and had a baby changing station. A rare find.

1 Thank baileysmom360
Cheney, Washington
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went here for a late dinner (8:30 PM). My boyfriend got the Reuben and I got the halibut and chips. I only got a tiny bite of the Reuben before my boyfriend inhaled it, but it was fantastic. My halibut was cooked perfectly and the tarter they served with it was crazy good. Maybe it's because I don't eat halibut that much, but this was the best fish and chips I've ever had. I ate the halibut first and didn't have any room for the fries, but after tasting how good the fries were, I made room. I don't know how they make any money on the halibut, because I feel like I ate about a pound of it and the meal is less than halibut costs per pound at the store. Needless to say, we both loved the food here. And we felt like it was a good value. By the time our meal was done, karaoke had started. So, we stayed for that, too. It was so fun that we shut the place down. Good Job, Ducks and Drakes!

Seattle
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After reading the review of this place having the best Ruben in town my mouth was watering. Whoever said it was the best in town definitely needs to get out more. It was absolutetly nothing special. They brought you the ingrediants and you pieced it together yourself. At our table one order was partially filled while two out of three tables around us got the wrong orders. There is absolutely no atmosphere here and it is sure out of place with the other restaurants in town. We only saw the waiter when he took our order and when he tossed the bill at us. I would rate this place as a poor mans dive that needs to move out of this town.

Vancouver, Washington
“Best Reuben!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Went in mid-afternoon and was fairly empty, patio too but soon a larger family came and went into adjoining room where there are a few electronic games. This is not a place for atmosohere, older carpet but nice and comfortable captains' chairs and server could not have been nicer and he was very attentive... he was the only one.

I ordered the Reuben and it was, indeed, the best one I've had tho haven't had one in years. It came hot and piled with delicious meat and sauerkraut and horseradish and thousand island sauces on the side which I promptly added. Comes with potato chips but can add potato salad or fries if you want. With a pint of beer, it was more than enough to fill me up!

Friend ordered halibut fish 'n chips and liked it. Came with tons of french fries impossible to eat all. She commented that was pricey at $15 but I know how halibut has gone up and noticed dinner price was the same. My reuben at $11 thought was fair price and pint of draft beer $3.50.

When we left, patio had filled and server was quite busy so took him our checks and money. That was fine. If you're looking for a fancy place, this is not it but if you want a casual place with a bar and a tasty Reuben, then go here! I'll remember it!

• Visited July 2013