“Went twice in two days”
Review of South Leavenworth

South Leavenworth
Ranked #9 of 92 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th Street
Transit: The trolley stops in front of SOUTH and the Link bus stop is about 300 feet away.
Description: Located in picturesque Leavenworth, Washington, SOUTH celebrates the traditions of Latin dishes and drinks from Mexico, Peru, Cuba, Brazil, Argentina and more. In our rustic space, we modernize the delicious food of open-air markets, beachside palapas and taquerias. From Michoacán carnitas to Brazilian caipirinhas, our dishes and drinks will transport you to their countries of origin. Drop by, have a bite and travel the world with us.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We were in Leavenworth, WA for only three days and found South so good and first day that we chose to return the second day also.

There are newer reviews for South Leavenworth

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Do not go here for the Mexican Food - Beyond awful! The service is barely there and very expensive prices. They even charge you for chips and salsa! Severely below Leavenworth standards.

On a positive note, the bar area is nice and has a big screen for watching the game.

1  Thank NATHAN R
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Food was overpriced. Service was horrible. Very dirty floors. A friend slipped and fell on a tomato on the floor, and after many minutes of persisting, the waitress finally cleaned the floor before someone else was hurt. Would not recommend this restaurant. Do not waste your time here. Gustavs has much better food at much better prices.

1  Thank Kayla H
Reviewed December 12, 2013

If you've ever had authentic Mexican food you'd do best to stay away from here, very disappointing. I had two small fish tacos that were tough and cold, my husband ordered a carne asada burrito, I took a bite and thought it tasted like a big mac to which he said he was just thinking the same thing. That wasn't carne asada in there, it was ground up hamburger meat.
Go to Los Camperos, you will not be upset you skipped this place for the real deal there, trust me on this.

1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten year prior to this visit and loved it! So we returned for my birthday dinner. Salsa bar had only two choices, and the bowls were so empty I had to tip them to get any out. Wouldn't be such a bother if it and chips were complimentary. I ordered a pisco sour, one of my favorite drinks. It came in a tiny glass, only half full and tasted like the smell of raw eggs and water. Very disappointing. And for $8.99 not worth it at all. I had the sweet potato enchilada platter and the sauce had no flavor and the potatoes seemed steamed with no seasonings. Husband had a smothered carnitas burrito that came ice cold and ended up to be the wrong burrito. Smothered in the same flavorless sauce that was on my enchiladas. The carnitas has no flavor by itself either. We were incredibly disappointed. $80 later, we left with to go boxes of food that we will fix with seasonings when we get home. We learned our lesson, stay away from the trendiest place in a small town.

1  Thank ania_joy