“Awesome food!!”

Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th Street
Transit: The trolley stops in front of SOUTH and the Link bus stop is about 300 feet away.
Description: Located in picturesque Leavenworth, Washington, SOUTH celebrates the traditions of Latin dishes and drinks from Mexico, Peru, Cuba, Brazil, Argentina and more. In our rustic space, we modernize the delicious food of open-air markets, beachside palapas and taquerias. From Michoacán carnitas to Brazilian caipirinhas, our dishes and drinks will transport you to their countries of origin. Drop by, have a bite and travel the world with us.
Wenatchee, Washington, United States
“Awesome food!!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Best place to eat in der Town! The food is awesome. The drinks are fantastic. The atmosphere is great and the service is quick and easy!!

Visited October 2012

Seattle, WA
“Best Mexican in Washington?”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I had the enchiladas...chicken mole and chicken peblano pepper. We were taken back on how good it was. Really a surprize and better than we could have guessed it would be. My wife and I recently went to Sante Fe and had some really amazing "New Mexican" food there. South was right on par with those places with regards to flavor, but not with regards to heat.

We went to South because we are in Leavenworth allot and German fare can get old. This was a really great surprize and we will definately make it a point to go back. Be sure to MAKE RESERVATIONS in advance (you can make them online through opentable.com as long as there <8 ea.) during peak season.

I personally liked the Atmosphere as well, kind of trendy but in a good way.

Montana
“One to skip”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We dined here New Year's Eve, looking for a change of pace from the usual (though fantastic) German food in the area. Overall, this was a terrible experience and we couldn't get out fast enough. The Latin food was flavorless and lacking real spice. Habanero shrimp? Not remotely hot. Carnitas plate? Bland as can be. Mole ribs? Unseasoned ribs slathered in yucky pasty sauce. This does not even rate with any of the semi-decent places for similar food in Seattle. And though the waitress made us feel well taken care of, we were seated directly next to a table that had a couple of screaming children, and ten minutes into our meal another table with a baby was sat next to us as well, and the baby screamed through the entire meal.

1 Thank stodgers
Wenatchee, Washington
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We go to this restaurant often. Our family has tried almost everything on the menu. So far there is nothing I dont like.
I like to start with the habanero Shrimp appetizer, or the chip sampler that comes with flour and corn chips, salsa, guacamole,and oaxacan black bean dip. they are amazing.
I think the pork carnitas is my favorite meal. The pork is moist and juicy and seasoned to perfection. The last time I was there I was going to try something completely different for me. I tried the Chile Relleno stuffed with crab and shrimp. Very tasty! I would deffinately do it again. Drinks are a little expensive but are very good. The Basil Daisy is my favorite. It is a margarita made with basil. When I heard of it first I thought it sounded awful. Now it is one of my favorite drinks of all time.

Puerto Rico
“Great ambiance”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We went here the first night, we didn.t eat but for the look of their dishes, we can assure that their food is amazing. This place is really fun, the ambiance, the people, if you want to spend a great time, have some great drinks, definitely this is the place. They have pretty unique drinks, so you should let the bartender recommend something unique.

Visited December 2012