“A trip to Leavenworth isn't complete without a meal at South!”
Review of South Leavenworth

South Leavenworth
Ranked #8 of 89 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th Street
Transit: The trolley stops in front of SOUTH and the Link bus stop is about 300 feet away.
Description: Located in picturesque Leavenworth, Washington, SOUTH celebrates the traditions of Latin dishes and drinks from Mexico, Peru, Cuba, Brazil, Argentina and more. In our rustic space, we modernize the delicious food of open-air markets, beachside palapas and taquerias. From Michoacán carnitas to Brazilian caipirinhas, our dishes and drinks will transport you to their countries of origin. Drop by, have a bite and travel the world with us.
Puyallup, Washington, USA
“A trip to Leavenworth isn't complete without a meal at South!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We come to Leavenworth often and every time a trip to South is on our list. We have even eaten here twice in one day, that's how much we love it!

Definitely try the chip and dip sampler - the flour tortillas are yummy and their guacamole is the best.

My favorite drink is the blood orange margarita and any of their entrees with pork.

• Visited October 2012

Portland, Oregon, United States
“Good Mexican food in a Bavarian town”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

If you need a change of scenery from schnitzels and sausages, this is the place. I would recommend the greens beans.

Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Small Portions, Big Price”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was in the mood for steak and South was recommended to us. My steak seemed like it was barely more than a few bites and the majority of my plate was a tortilla cut into four pieces, upon which my steak had rested. The steak was good, but just too small a portion. I ended up eating all of my boyfriend's zucchini corn pudding, which is the only thing I would go back there for. The Zucchini Corn pudding was excellent and I had to look up a recipe.
The boyfriend had the sweet potato enchiladas and they were okay. I just expected more for the price we were paying. We ended up having to have a second dinner because we were so hungry an hour after we left South.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kiarapanther
leavenworth
“great late night drinks”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Had a very nice meal late at night for Leavenworth (10:00 pm), good service, but the basil margarita was fantastic! Will go back for sure.

• Visited September 2012
Edmonds, Washington
“Authentic Mexican at it's best”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ate here on the advice of my brother and he didn't steer us wrong. The food was fantastic! We will definitely eat here again.

Visited September 2012