“Good Food”

South Leavenworth
Ranked #9 of 90 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th Street
Transit: The trolley stops in front of SOUTH and the Link bus stop is about 300 feet away.
Description: Located in picturesque Leavenworth, Washington, SOUTH celebrates the traditions of Latin dishes and drinks from Mexico, Peru, Cuba, Brazil, Argentina and more. In our rustic space, we modernize the delicious food of open-air markets, beachside palapas and taquerias. From Michoacán carnitas to Brazilian caipirinhas, our dishes and drinks will transport you to their countries of origin. Drop by, have a bite and travel the world with us.
Seattle
“Good Food”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our meal at South and the waitress was very friendly. We went just before the dinner hour so as to avoid the large crowds. I especially enjoyed the fresh green beans with lime. They were delicious. Would we eat there again? Yes!!!!! We look forward to our next visit to Leavenworth and we plan on eating at South when in town.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank Lilyofthefield

Versailles, France
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I seem to be an outsider here disappointed by the food amongst so many excellent reviews. The waiter, who was agreeable but nothing more, didn't really know the menu as he asked me if I wanted chicken or beef in my enchilada -well no, actually I chose a sweet potato enchilada that never comes with meat/poultry. The bill came even before we'd had a chance to order coffee, then we were told the coffee was on the house but it ended up on the bill...
The enchilada itself wasn't the best I've ever had, the wine wasn't up to my expectations either which is a shame in a good wine producing region. So the atmosphere remains: very nice, fun decoration.

• Visited April 2011
Bend, Oregon
“Tired of bratwurst, go "South"”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Creative and yummy latin food in a casual setting. Try the Carnitas plate-melt in your mouth pork with carmelized edges surrounded by beans and rice that hold their own with unique flavors. Salsa bar and inventive cocktails boost the hip factor of this place. Huge bowls of chips and a green bean appetizer that shouldn't be missed. A delicious oasis in Leavenworth where German food is the norm.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank jstm58
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Completely met our expectations...”
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I use Tripadvisor on a regular basis to check out restaurants, and as reference for trying new places to eat. I was pleased to see on the reviews the reccomendations for reservations, and was happy to see that they use Open Table. I made reservations that same day for 6:30, knowing it would be a busy Saturday in Leavenworth.

We waltzed in at 6:25, and were taken directly to our table. The place was packed, and I was thrilled we had a reservation. Our waitress was very pleasant and happy doing her job, which really makes a difference to me... We had flour tortillas with guacamole and took full advantage of the choices on the Salsa Bar. The salsa was unique and fresh... yummy choice. We ordered the Big Wet Burrito and split it as it was definately enough for us both. I took a reccomendation from another review and tried the Basil Margarita... again, another GREAT choice. Our visit was wonderful, and I'll be taking friends and family to South as a treat when in Leavenworth, as we just purchased a condo there. South is now on the top of my list of favorites in town. The only drawback... it's a bit noisy, but that doesn't concern me... people are happy and enjoying themselves.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank conniedryer
McKinleyville, California
“Come here to eat and have fun!”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

The food is great, love the green beans with lime and mole enchiladas (the only thing I have ever had here I didn't like was the sweet potato enchiladas).

They have a band that plays friday nights and I love their Basil Margaritas, it sounds weird but fantastic drink!

I am local and most of the people I know who live here love this place, that says it all.

• Visited January 2011