“Where Do I Start!?!”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Seattle, WA
“Where Do I Start!?!”
Reviewed February 3, 2007

Wow, where do I start? I have NEVER been let down at this hotel. Granted, some rooms are a bit better than others, but not by much. This time we stayed in a standard room on the first floor. You don't need any more than that. Two great beds with down comforters. My husband slept for 11 hours our first night there. Keep in mind he was dead tired from a 70 hour work week, but he normally doesn't sleep more than 4 hours at a time. Love the beds. Love the pools. Inside, outside, both great. Now, the breakfast. #1 included in the price of the room, #2 Great. Made to order omlettes, fresh ingredients, good coffee and tea, yum. There is NO other place to stay in Leavenworth. PS...Try dinner on a Saturday night at King Ludwig's Restaurant in town. Great food, great service and live Polka band. Learn the "Chicken Dance" while you're there!

Stayed February 2007
11 Thank Jennifer B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 8, 2007

We stayed here for Christmas and it was just magical! The Enzian was beautifully decorated. The breakfast was fabulous. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The view from the dining room was breathtaking! Being in Leavenworth at Christmas time was like being in the North Pole at Christmas. We would love to stay here again. Highly recommend the Enzian and Leavenworth in general!

• Liked — The staff and the breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank loveineurope
North Bend, WA
Reviewed October 29, 2006

I stayed at the Enzian last December... and am looking to book again this year and regret not writing a review earlier. However, I absolutely LOVED staying at the Enzian Inn in December. We had 2 kids in tow, ages 9 and 7.

We stayed in one of the Tower Suites... and it was well worth the extra cost. If any of you are traveling with children I would highly recommend this! There is only 1 bed and then a hide-a-bed in the seperate living room... but this worked out really well for us. The Tower Suites are located just below venting for the kitchen- and ALL night long we could smell the cinnamon rolls and all the other sweet pastries baking- it was HEAVEN!! I would have paid anything to bottle that smell. Also, the Tower Suites have a private walkout deck. In December there is a small church that does a live nativity play outside in the evenings and you can watch from the deck. That was really special and the kids loved it!

The kids also loved the indoor pool and hot tub, as did we.

We enjoyed the fireplace and canopy bed. The Enzian is only 2 blocks from the center of downtown Leavenworth... so an easy walk. We took the kids sledding in the downtown sledding area first thing in the morning.

The front desk staff was very helpful with restaurant recommendations. Its been almost a year, but I believe we ate dinner at Andreas Keller... and it was really good, authentic German cuisine. You have to walk down steps from the main shopping level of Leavenworth to the restaurant entry, so please someone correct me if I have the wrong restaurant. They had a sweet woman playing the accordian and everyone clapped along as my kids danced when she played the Chicken Dance. Too much fun!! We enjoyed our dinner there a great deal.

The breakfast was good. Hearty buffet, freshly made omlettes, lots of sweet pastries, good selection of food.

We went on a sleigh ride while we were there at the Eagle Creek Ranch. Our guide kept the trip upbeat and lively and had some interesting stories to tell. It was fun for the kids, felt like a real holiday thing to do and I would do it again.

In closing, if you want to be hit with the Christmas spirit in the best way, I would absolutely recommend doing just as we did last year and staying at the Enzian Inn for a couple days before Christmas. It was fantastic!!

• Liked — Close distance to downtown Leavenworth, wonderful baking all night long
  • Disliked — Pool had a LOT of chemicals when we were there
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at the Enzian... its not 5 star accomodations, but clean, Baviarian themed, smelled wonderful and it was fun!
  • Stayed December 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank larabvc1
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed October 4, 2006

We stayed one night in late August. Hotel is within walking distance of the bavarian town. The Enzian personnel were very friendly and helpful. The lobby sports piano playing nightly. The Enzian has the very best complimentary breakfast buffet you will find anywhere, period! It has made-to-order omelettes, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and real fresh baked pastries. Breakfast is served on the top floor overlooking the valley. The alphorn is played twice each morning by the man who built the Enzian. The rooms are clean and cozy but should be updated. Beds were comfortable and include down comforters. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — close to shopping/eating area, great breakfast
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank The Donald
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed October 4, 2006

I stayed here for a conference the first week of October. Our group had the whole hotel
The buffet breakfast was the cooked to order omlettes was great, but there were also many other choices.
The hotel also provided our group with lunch and dinner for the 2 nights we were there. The food was great and plentiful.
The indoor and outdoor pools and hottubs were in great shape.
The hotel has plenty of free outdoor parking too.
Nightly piano music in the front lobby with nice comfy chairs in front of a fireplace.
The hotel literature indicates they have free wireless internet available throughout the property. When I inquired at the front desk if that was available in all the rooms, she said yes. I mentioned that it didn't seem to work very well in the room I was in and she said that I could bring my laptop to the lobby and sit there.
I noticed 3 other guests doing that. That should be a hint that the wireless access doesn't work very well in the rooms.
The room features and decorations were nice.
The drapes in my room didn't close all the way and left 3 gaps.
But.... all in all it's a great place to stay.
I'd stay there if I was looking for someplace in Leavenworth.

Stayed October 2006