“Love to stay here”
Review of Enzian Inn

Enzian Inn
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Leavenworth
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

The Enzian Inn is always our hotel of choice for all our Leavenworth visits. Great room, reasonable price considering location and amenities. Love the pool area, mini golf, and location. The breakfast is amazing and entertaining with the alpenhorn player.

Stayed: August 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,489)

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've stayed a few different places in Leavenworth over the years but Enzian is where I keep going back. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool. The hotel staff is courteous and helpful. Although I did not visit the evening piano this time, I did on my March 2014 visit and thoroughly enjoyed. The complimentary breakfast - just the right mix of sweet and savory. From fruit, oatmeal, sweet breads to the wonderful omelette bar. Looking forward to our next trip

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We went to Leavenworth for the weekend with friends, mainly to see one of the outdoor theater performances. The town is all done in a Bavarian village theme - and this hotel is no exception. Looking at it from the parking lot I expected to see the Swiss Alps rise in the background.

The staff was very nice and helpful. We stayed in one of the suites, which are very large and come with complementary sparkling cider - nice on a hot day. There's also an over-sized jacuzzi tub in the room. The bed was comfortable with down pillows and comforter.

The great thing about the suite is that the living room, with sleeper sofa and bedroom had curtained French doors separating them, in addition to separate doors to the bathroom - something I'd never seen in a suite before. Plus both rooms had a TV and a door to the extra-large balcony (shared between 2 suites). We just had 2 people this trip, but I think it would be convenient for 2 couples to share this room and have enough privacy.

In the morning there is a complementary buffet breakfast. Omelet bar, cereals, fruit and a delicious array of homemade pastries. Instead of the usual ground floor lobby spaced usually reserved for breakfasts, this one is on the top floor - lots of windows let in the beautiful mountain view. And a gentleman in traditional clothing plays the alpenhorn right on the breakfast balcony, which is fun to see and hear.

An additional bonus with this hotel is they own a putting golf course across the street. It's not traditional "mini-golf" with the funny obstacles, but it's a beautifully laid-out 18-hole course with a waterfall, goats on the hillside and lots of trees. It's free for guests of the hotel and was a nice way to spend an hour.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We were booked for two nights but fires in the area resulted in the highway being closed down. Falling ash and uncomfortable outdoor breathing caused us to reduce our scheduled two night stay to one night. However, the Enzian Inn staff were wonderful to deal with, and refunded us for the second night. Also volunteered equipment for cleaning the ash out of our car - yes, it can get inside even when the windows and doors are closed!! Although our stay was cut short, we were able appreciate and enjoy the hotel's pool, putt putt golf across the street (very impressive), and a wonderful breakfast, not too mention the musical entertainment in both the evening and at breakfast! All of this at a very reasonable price. Will definitely stay here when we try again to see Sound of Music at the outdoor theater!

Room Tip: Stayed in a street view room, but poolside rooms were available, and looked great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We decided to visit levenworth for the day and ended up having to stay in a hotel, because we needed to see more of this cute little town.
The hotel is on one end of the main strip but close enough to walk to all the shops.
It has two pools one indoor and one outdoor. You can get ground floor rooms that have doors facing the pool for easy access if you have kids that love the water.
They also have free mini golfing and a wonderful complimentary sit down breakfast, where a man in Bavarian garb will even play the alpenhorn on the balcony!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were travelling from Seattle to the far northern recesses of Washington, and wanted somewhere to break our stay. Leavenworth was recommended to us; it's an old railway town that lost its economic purpose when the railways went away, so back in the 1960s they decided to remake themselves as what's best described as Bavaria-lite. Every building has signs in Gothic script, whether it's the local photocopy shop, a Starbucks or a biergarten. I imagine after some time this might drive you crazy, but it's fun for a couple of days.

Leavenworth isn't very big; the Enzian is towards one end of town on the main road, but is a short walk from anything; if you cross the road there's a nice walk by the waterfront, just down the hill. There's also minature golf, watched over by three wise goats. At least when we were there. Inside the hotel there's an indoor swimming pool, with the ambience of a 1930s filmset to it - very inspiring - as well as an outdoor swimming pool.

Everything is very, very Bavarian in the hotel. There's stuffed animals, the decor is all very, very German rustic, and best of all, every morning the owner or the owner's son (or for all I know a random relative forced to wear lederhosen and a hat) comes out and blows an alpenhorn at breakfast. The morning we were eating there, this sprightly soul was standing on the balustrade of the balcony (on the fourth storey) happily blasting away on the horn.

Staff were very friendly, rooms were comfortable although not very modern (first hotel I've stayed at in years where you have a key, not a key card) and it's close enough to the rest of the town to go out for fun, but far enough out you're not disturbed by any noise.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I used to live in Leavenworth and now I just visit. We have stayed at quite a few hotels in Leavenworth and this is the best value for the price for a family. For the cost of the room you get unlimited golf at the championship putting course. If you have never been then please know this is real mini golf with real greens and it's lots of fun for kids. That alone is valued at $12 per person and it's included for free. You also get free breakfast included with your room price. The breakfast includes fruits(melons or canned type), homemade cinnamon rolls, made to order omelets (using boxed eggs ), breads, juice, coffee, dessert type pastries, sausage and oatmeal. I would love to see the omelets made with fresh eggs instead of boxed. At breakfast a man plays an old horn and he is very friendly, always talking with families afterwards. The hotel is very close to Main Street in downtown and there is no need to drive anywhere,

The hotel also has a huge and wonderful indoor pool, hot tub, and a smaller outdoor pool and hot tub. So, there is no need to pay to go to the public pool next door. I like that at night you can take your kids swimming indoor and they have something to do that doesn't cost extra. They also have ping pong, board games, and an indoor wall ball court. It's all free to use. When I think about what we would pay to leave the hotel and do other activities, I realize we save money by staying at the Enzian.

The rooms are decent size and the beds are comfortable, I love the down comforters and pillows. The TV was a little old, but I don't come to watch much tv. The decor in the hotel is outdated, but again, I don't mind that stuff too much. They also have a mini fridge in the room, but no microwave.

The staff was nice overall. When I went to the front desk to play golf, the lady was sort of rude to me thinking I was an outside person paying to play. Like I was a nuisance for wanting to play. As soon as I said I was a hotel guest she was super nice and she was smiling. Aside front that everyone was kind and helpful.

We stayed two nights and the room was never serviced after the first night. I even put out the make room please sign. I finally called the front desk to get the room made up and get more towels for the pool. I asked the front desk if they are supposed to service the rooms and she said yes. I am not sure why ours was skipped. Aside from that, our hotel stay was great. I will always choose the Enzian as it's a great value and a locally owned hotel.

Room Tip: Get a bottom floor room facing the pool if you have kids who want to swim.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family