“False Advertising”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Bothell, Washington
“False Advertising”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We booked a room far in advance on the Enzian Inn website. The room was described as having a balcony. I never book rooms without a balcony except in the winter. I booked the same room type as I had before, with a balcony. Well guess what? No balcony! And no room for my kids to sleep except the floor! When I asked about it I received a lame excuse that in between my booking date and the date of my stay, they had re-rated the rooms such that the room type I ordered with a balcony now no longer has a balcony. It is like ordering a BMW and when you go to pick it up they deliver a chevy at BMW prices. Should they not have contacted all those with the changed room type and told them it changed in time to make a different booking.This is a terrible shame as it had been a place that I had trusted, and now they have broken my trust. I will warn my Church about this as well as they book many events here... so sad to see this happen! I will be looking for a new trusted lodging here in Leavenworth.

Room Tip: Book by phone, and get must-haves in writing before paying! Rooms on the west with a balcony have a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mdouglas192

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We travel through Leavenworth annually in early August in a road cycle fundraising classic. The Enzian has extended tremendous hospitality to our riders and always welcomes us with open arms. I have and will recommend friends and family visiting the area to stay at the Enzian for a stay quintessentially Leavenworth!!

Room Tip: Higher floors less AC and pool noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was in Leavenworth only one night as part of a bicycle tour ride and I made the Enzian my home for one night. I selected a tower suite and it was fantastic. The suite was two rooms one with a king-sized canopy bed and a complimentary bottle of sparkling cider awaiting me. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were comfortable. They only have down pillows in the rooms so be aware if you do not like that but I certainly did. The second room had a Murphy fold down bed i the wall and a spectacular step up jacuzzi tub. The room was exactly what I needed after a hard day of cycling and is in a great part of town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vagabond09
Yakima
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We've visited the Ensian several times over the past couple of years. Each time we've thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The front desk people were knowledgeable and helpful. Even the breakfast staff were cheerful and courteous. There is a relaxed feel about the place, even when it is busy. Our poolside room was quiet, clean and comfortable. Extra towels and robes were provided. Because of the great weather we were able to use the outdoor pool, though we have also visited the indoor pool. Both are clean and pleasant. In passing we happened to mention our upcoming 45th anniversary, and within an hour of check-in we heard a knock on the door. Upon opening the door we were presented a complimentary bottle of sparkling cider. We'll definitely be back!.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had such a great experience during our two night stay and will definitely go back again. The rooms are very nice and bavarian themed with more than what we expected. There is so much to do with their pools, nightly piano concerts, alphorns, amazing breakfast and mini golf along with right across the street from downtown. It was definitely worth the price especially during the summer, and they rooms were well air conditioned since it was so hot outside.

• Stayed July 2013
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We timed our trip to arrive in Leavenworth by lunch time so we would have time to shop. The Enzian Inn was wonderful in that they let us check in a little early, freshen up, and then go shop. The temperature was unusually warm but the town and shows were so perfect that the temp didn't bother us. We returned to the hotel, rested, then enjoyed the musical serenade in late afternoon. The morning brought more beautiful sights and their AWESOME breakfast. To top off the stay, the gentleman who has been playing the Alphorn, for years gave us a mini concert and answered questions about his unusual instrument.

Room Tip: The third floor is quite and nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My daughter, her two children and myself spent one night at the Enzian and it was wonderful. We did a "girls trip" and saw the Leavenworth Theatre group perform "The Sound of Music." Wow, what a show!!!
My husband and I have visited and stayed in various motels in Leavenworth, but we had never stayed at the Enzian. I always wanted too, and now it is my favorite.

The hotel is luxurious. I highly recommend a pool side room. Gorgeous 95 degree weather made the pool extra inviting. The kids loved it...my daughter and I loved it. The breakfast was fantastic. Omelets made to order, homemade cinnamon rolls, lots of great choices. We listened to a Bavarian melody played on an Alpine horn on the balcony of the breakfast area. The view of the mountains and the shopping center from the motel were so pretty from the second floor balcony. We all really enjoyed our stay at The Enzian!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family