WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Just as advertised” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Edelweiss Hotel

Edelweiss Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Edelweiss Hotel
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Leavenworth
Whitefish
“Just as advertised”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

We booked room 204 at the Hotel Edelweiss in Leavenworth before reading the Trip Advisor reviews so were a little concerned that we would not like our accommodations. However, we found the accommodations to be just as advertised on the Hotel Edelweiss website. There is no front desk. You let yourself in using an access code that was provided prior to our arrival. The rooms are located on the second story above the shops at the corner of Front Street and Ninth. There is no elevator so you have to schlep your own bags up the stairs to your room. The parking for the hotel is a half a block away. So if you can't manage to walk a half a block or up one flight of stairs and can't imagine staying in a room that doesn't have any staff on the premises at night, you should skip this hotel. But if you want a quiet, clean, comfortable and lower priced place to stay right in downtown Leavenworth, this room was a fine example of that.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WhitefishMontana

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Montesano, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

dont stay at hotel edelweiss. the check in address listed on confirmation is non existent. after walking all over trying to find Sunspots and never finding it i called them. i was walked through check in on the phone. go up two flights of stairs in the dark and some cheesy key box to get my room keys. it was like a ghost hotel. there is no receptionist. i am glad there was no emergency because once again there is no one to call. my entire experience was a complete run around. i will never stay here again and hope i can save atleast one person the complete run around i got. O and the parking lot is a block down the street.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Leavenworth hotels

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

This is my first time to write a review and I've worked in the travel industry for 3 plus years. I know most reviews often reflect the person writing them... we were attracted to the Edelweiss Hotel for the location and cheap rates. I spoke with a pleasant gentleman, gave him my credit card number and 'booked' the room. He even gave me a confirmation number.
After not receiving the confirmation email as promised, I called back to learn he was gone for the day but he never completed my reservation. Why? Because the room he had 'confirmed' for me was booked 2 weeks ago to another person! Honest mistake? Fine. Was he going to call and inform me or let us get up to Leavenworth (with no one at check in, just a key pad) to learn we had no room? Never will try them again; even if its the only room left in town.

Stayed September 2010
Edmonton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

We booked through Sunspots as we were travelling home. To check in you must climb up backstairs (probably 12 steps straight up), then find keybox and enter code to retrieve room key. Never met anyone. Room is small, etc. THERE IS NO HOT WATER.
Window opens, but does not close, etc., etc. We left hotel, did not stay. Called that
night to message center to tell them and to have them not charge our credit card.
Notified credit card. company. They said they would handle it. Of course Sunspot put through charge and were paid. We are seniors and travel constantly - recommend you do not use Sunspot and do not stay at this hotel. Cost of $99.38. Stay at Enzian - wonderful. Never ever will recommend this hotel or Sunspot.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bellevue
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

I have not stayed at Edelweiss Hotel but have recently dealt with Sunspots Vacation Rental Managers and their business practices are unethical and deceptive. Do your own research on this company before you contact them. Check out their 'F' rating with the Better Business Bureau. Check the Consumer Reports pieces done by King 5 and Kiro 7. Stay away!!!

• Stayed March 2010
3 Thank trippin_2010
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

Our daughter, son-in-law, husband & I decided to visit Leavenworth for the Autumn Leaf Festival to enjoy the festival atmosphere of this Bavarian-like little town. It was only 3 weeks before the trip, so there were only 2 hotels with available rooms, and we chose the Edelweiss. What a mistake! From check-in to lack of check-out, the service was non-existent. As described by others, there is no one there...you have to go to the candle shop down the street to receive your keys. Our first inclination that this was going to be a bad experience was the staff with keys was 1 hour and twenty minutes late! So, by 5:20 PM we thought we might have to look for another stay. Then we found our rooms, and they were not what I thought would be available through the internet. In other words, no attached bathrooms for most, no decor, leaky bathroom facilities, dumpy carpeting...
I could go on.
The good: great location. Our rooms were both very large and quite clean.
That's the best I can say about the place.

Beware!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank EagletteTennessee
Graham, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

Usually I take reviews with a grain of salt. Someone might have been having a bad day, or maybe the reviewer is someone that just can't be pleased. It happens. However... This is not the case with the Edelweiss Hotel.

In the beginning, I had booked a Friday and Saturday night for the weekend of October 9-10. For Oktoberfest. The quoted price was 265 and change. Sounded good, so I reserved it. (RESERVED.... remember.)

Next day I call the hotel to make sure I actually HAVE a reservation and was promptly told that the price was wrong. It's actually 566 and change. Even though I had a confirmed price of 265. So without further ado, my card was charged the new and improved price of 566 dollars.

After reading the hotel's (Which is owned by Sunspots Vacation Rentals, FYI) fine print, (and it is VERY fine.... pages upon pages of it) I realized that the only way I could get out of this reservation was to have the hotel re-book the room that I was LOOKING at the same price. Otherwise I would be out my money.

I tried to contact the hotel to tell them that just because they had a pricing glitch with their system, it's not my problem. And that they should honor the original price. They wanted nothing to do with that. I was transferred to their Business Manager, Lynnette. No answer. So I left a message. No response. So I did what anyone would have done. I tried to get my money back.

I looked at the BBB web site, and surprise! Turns out they have over 20 complaints and an "F" rating. The "F" dies NOT stand for Fabulous, by the way. I was fortunate enough to get the attention of the local media's Consumer Relations Specialist, who did an on-air story regarding the business practices of this hotel.

I now have my money back, and am happy if I can convince just ONE person that reads this to stay away from this hotel. Not sure if TA will block the link, but here is the story the local NBC outlet did on the hotel: http://www.king5.com/video/index.html?nvid=388145

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends