We had a very nice time here with our teenagers. This is resort is made up of nice but not luxurious, summer camp style cabins set up on a gorgeous spot above the river. The buffet style food was appealing and the organic salad bar was terrific. It is also extremely dog friendly (beware if you don't like dogs but it was fun for our kids) Unfortunately, I had several negative experiences (as well as some positive) with the front desk which affected my impressions. First of all, we had several irritating problems with our reservations. It was difficult to get through to the reservation desk by phone, I received email confirmations meant for different guests (!), and they made debiting errors on switching meal plans (these were fixed). My biggest complaint is that when we arrived, ready to sample all the fun stuff there is to do in this area, the person at the front desk was mostly unable to assist us in planning our activities -- this is the sort of place where visitors really could use a concierge for help booking outdoor adventures, but at the very least, I expected some local knowledge re best hiking trails, where to horseback ride, raft and tube, etc. Yes, there were some brochures on the wall and a very vague map of hiking trails; but there wasn't even a guest info book listing the best stuff to do and how to do it. Our first evening, guests were sharing bits of information with each other at dinner about where to hike and roads closed due to forest fires. (The next morning, the woman at the front desk was far more helpful and knowledgeable, kindly pointed us in the right direction and checked the forest service info re forest fires closures).
Also -- okay, this is picky --the rooms are informal but nice, spacious and great for families with loft beds -- but for some reason the sheets were noticeable bad -- they actually felt scratchy. At this price point, good sheets should be a given. Also -- for teens, the lofts were just great -- but beware parents with small children, the high lofts were very high indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The breathtaking beauty of Washington's Cascade Mountains, superb cuisine and accommodations in harmony with nature create a destination like no other. Located just two hours from Seattle and nestled into the forest on the banks of Icicle Creek, Sleeping Lady offers inspiring outdoor venues, art, beautiful guestroom and gathering places - the ideal backdrop for events, adventures and escapes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Hotel Leavenworth
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Retreat Leavenworth