“Sunny and celebratory family birthday retreat”

Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle
“Sunny and celebratory family birthday retreat”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

My family celebrated my Dad's 88th birthday by staying in the Loft cabin and dining like royalty in your fabulous dining room(birthday sisnging led by our wonderful waiter,Dave).
We would like to return for my mother's 88th birthday in September!

The only recommendation I can make is the request for more outdoor deck Adirondack chairs.
Our complex of cabins only had 2 chairs for all those visitors to share. There were some benches but uncomfortable and almost impossible to move (HEAVY as cement) into a cozy social circle.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
seattle
Reviewed June 30, 2010

The Sleeping Lady is a one of a kind resort. From the time we set foor on the property, our expectations were exceeded again and again. From the clean rooms, to the comfy pillows and blankets, to the layout of the property, to the exception food, and amazing art, I can truly say we have never stayed at a place as unique as this. It was quiet and relaxing. The staff was super friendly and ever accompidating. The Chihuly glass sculpture outside the dining hall was amazing. Did I mention the food? My husband is a picky eater, as our my kids, and we all were blown away by how delicious everything was. I was blown away by what my kid and husband were actually eating. It was the perfect weekend away from the city to reconnect with each other.

West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed June 23, 2010

First of all have to thank everyone on Travel Adviser who recommended this place.
Well done modern place with no tackiness of the nearby Bavarian Village.
Room with a loft was a hit with our kids although it is not recommended for young kids since ladder to the upper level is really steep and tall.
We loved the grounds, natural and relaxing. Well done organic garden on the grounds that we visited. Separate housing units in clusters.
You feel like actually staying in the village rather then hotel.
Swimming pool with natural rocky surrounding, great for jumping.
Breakfast out of this world, so good that we gained 5 pounds staying there for 1 week.
We liked dinner served in the hotel but kids menu was rather to "fancy" for our kids,
We plan to go back sometimes.
Plenty of hiking trails within 30 min drive.

Renton, Washington
Reviewed June 23, 2010

LOVED IT! Love that it was tucked back into the woods!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Great getaway destination...loads of activities for the outdoor enthusiast but also provides for a quiet romantic getaway to curl up with your favorite person and your favorite book!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Mukilteo, Washington
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I give the Sleeping Lady an 'average' rating because we were placed in a room next to a guy who snored so loud that we didn't get any sleep. The walls between rooms must not be very thick because it literally rattled our room. I contacted the front desk at 3am and they suggested 'ear plugs' (annoying). I didn't expect them to wake the family up, however I was hoping they would do SOMETHING to make up for our poor experience. At $200 a night you would think they would show a little more graditude. Unfortunatly, they did not, and because of this we will not be returning. Since I realize that our experience is not so common, I do not want to advise people not to stay here.

With that being said, on to the good! The location is ideal and the grounds are beautiful. You feel as though you are staying in a little cottage in the woods. It's tucked away but still only about a 5-10min. drive to downtown leavenworth. The rooms are furnished with extremely comfortable beds and bath robes to lounge in. There is not a T.V. (which we appreciated) as the resort tries to be as eco-friendly as possible. As far as activities go, there is alot to do without having to leave the resort. They have bikes you can rent, hiking trailes, horseback riding, etc. The nature is one of the best parts about staying here, so be sure to check it out! We had the breakfast at the resort (served buffet style) and not only was there something for everyone (I'm very picky) but it was delicious.

Overall if we would have been placed next to a more peaceful family, this place would have been perfect, and I am certain we would have returned.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AAWilson6
phelsel, General Manager at Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2010
I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I regret that you didn't get any sleep and I am very disappointed with the lack of response you received when you contacted guest services. I have brought the situation to the attention of the Guest Services Manager and she will work directly with that individual to provide additional training on the appropriate response. It is unusual to hear this type of comment as we are renowned for spectacular service.

Please accept my sincere apologies and I would love to speak to you directly about your experience at your convenience. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you in the very near future.
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Went to Sleeping Lady with family and dog and was not disappointed. Beautiful property and we got lucky with the weather. Only two things I thought could be improved upon were high cost of dinner which we opted out of. Not worth paying almost as much for dinner as the room itself when travelling with a 4 and 6 year old on a teacher's salary. We went into town for dinner at 1/3 the price with kid menus. Also, the room itself could have been aired out a bit more from previous dog. Other than that, experience was awesome and the breakfast was unbelievable!

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family