While I really do love the Sleeping Lady, I have to acknowledge that adjusting one's expectations to the aesthetic of the place does put quite a bit of topspin on the overall experience of staying there. It is, for all things better and worse, a haven for Western Washington weekenders: those of us who slap a SUP or our mountain bikes up onto our roof racks and put the pedal down hard the moment we leave work on Friday, and who are looking for little more than a fairly quite and central location to kick back between trail runs and tourist indulgences.
That isn't intended to be a slight on the Resort itself, but the folks at Sleeping Lady know full well that they're offering a comparatively upscale experience (Compared to the majority of the area's roadside motels and nearby resorts), and play that hand up, hard. The end result is a bit of a mixed bag: the spa is glorious, the grounds are idyllic, the trails nearby are some of the finest within a two-hour haul from Seattle, but the buffet really is overpriced and overblown and the place fills up to the brim by late Saturday afternoon (For best results, try showing up at the hot tub and pool about a half-hour before midnight, when the crowds and kids FINALLY subside a bit). That split suits my tastes just fine, but I can also see where someone who wasn't just overnighting it would find the results to be less than the "boutique experience" promised by the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The breathtaking beauty of Washington's Cascade Mountains, superb cuisine and accommodations in harmony with nature create a destination like no other. Located just two hours from Seattle and nestled into the forest on the banks of Icicle Creek, Sleeping Lady offers inspiring outdoor venues, art, beautiful guestroom and gathering places - the ideal backdrop for events, adventures and escapes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Hotel Leavenworth
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Retreat Leavenworth