We stayed two nights on a deal that included dinner, breakfast and a sleigh ride with George and his horses through the near-by snowy countryside. He was a friendly, informative and caring guide who made the cold experience so enjoyable.
The cabin was small and compact with an upstairs room for our daughter. For some odd reason cleaning staff were seemingly unaware there was someone staying upstairs and it was not cleaned. No big deal.
There was a very relaxed atmosphere in the Grotto bar and we enjoyed playing draughts and sipping cocktails before dinner at the Kingfisher Restaurant. There the food was wholesome and tasty. When the chef saw that nothing on offer appealed to our daughter he made her a special pizza. Excellent service. There was a great range of hot and cold food for breakfast so we could fill up for the day and face the blizzard, avalanche and road closure while travelling on to Seattle. But that's another story.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The breathtaking beauty of Washington's Cascade Mountains, superb cuisine and accommodations in harmony with nature create a destination like no other. Located just two hours from Seattle and nestled into the forest on the banks of Icicle Creek, Sleeping Lady offers inspiring outdoor venues, art, beautiful guestroom and gathering places - the ideal backdrop for events, adventures and escapes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Hotel Leavenworth
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Retreat Leavenworth