It could be a wonderful resort but I felt that the level of customer service was below par.
It wasn't' easy to find our cabin because the lighting is poor at night. I know it's a mountain getaway but the property needs to be better illuminated. We had a senior and a young child in our party. My son thought it was an adventure at first but then got scared, the senior was worried about tripping over. I wanted to go to the hot pool by myself later but didn't go because it didn't seem very safe to be out there by myself at night (anyone can get onto the property).
There were three adults in our party but only two robes provided. There was no soap and only one body lotion.
We also noticed that some cabins had Adirondack chairs outside but ours didn't. We also weren't told that there were carts we could use for luggage (we couldn't see them because we arrived after dark). The next day, after struggling back to our car with luggage, we saw some people having their luggage delivered by a member of staff in a golf cart. We didn't know this was an option either.
Our cabin was by a fountain/pond. Since we have a young child I would have preferred that we were not quite so close to a potentially dangerous feature. I think it would be good for resort to avoid putting families with young kids in the fountain cluster.
The biggest disappointment was that the pool wasn't open. The website gave the impression that it opened in April. We were given a discount because of this but we wouldn't have stayed here if we had known. My son was so disappointed. We booked it because it looked so lovely online. The scenery is lovely, and so are the cabins ... the staff just need to be a bit more helpful and really make people feel at home.
The people who checked us in and out were nice and friendly but we just didn't feel well taken care of, and that spoiled our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The breathtaking beauty of Washington's Cascade Mountains, superb cuisine and accommodations in harmony with nature create a destination like no other. Located just two hours from Seattle and nestled into the forest on the banks of Icicle Creek, Sleeping Lady offers inspiring outdoor venues, art, beautiful guestroom and gathering places - the ideal backdrop for events, adventures and escapes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Hotel Leavenworth
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Retreat Leavenworth