“The most unfriendly B&B ever”

and 1 more site!
Country Cottage of Langley
Ranked #5 of 16 Langley B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Washington
“The most unfriendly B&B ever”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

We stayed with my parents for two night...approximately $800. You would think at that price tag the owners would be grateful and treat us better. The owners were so rude to us. We made reservations well in advance...not once did we recive a call or an email of a reciept for our down payment or confirming our stay. We asked if we could bring our small child and they said yes. However, they acted as if he were such an annoyance. We were told when we would have breakfast and where we would have it. I thought you could have it served in your room...I guess not when you have more then one room. They owners did not speak to us nearly the entire time. And did not ask what time we wanted our second mornings breakfast. Then at check out they came to our room and said "sign this we need to leave". Okay....no thank you no how was your stay...nothing. For $170 per night it was not the service I would expect. We have stayed at several B&Bs and this by far was the worst service. If you are not a nice person or do not like people; why would you own a B&B? We will not return and would not recommend this place to anyone! Especially not for the price and the lack of amenities... The only perk to this place was the location and the breakfasts were tasty! It felt as if we were intruding on someone's home, not a hospitable stay!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank CPiper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed July 1, 2009

This was our first time together at a bed and breakfast and it was delightful. It was very private and romantic having our own cottage with our own porch overlooking the sea. The in-room fireplace was very cozy. The bed was very comfortable. The grounds and surrounding area were beautiful, especially this time of year. The breakfast was delicious and service overall was fantastic. I would definitely recommend to a friend and can't wait for a return visit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fettuchi2
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Since the mid-1980's I've returned over and over to this wonderful b&b. I have visited with my husband, daughter and friends and they all love it too. The welcome is warm and easy-going and the setting is splendid with lots of space and a wonderful garden. Food is brought to your room for complete privacy and it is delicious and served with elan. The Country Cottage is consistently wonderful and staying here is one of my favourite things to do. We love the town and find new things every time we come each year.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nicenote
Seattle, WA
Reviewed February 8, 2009

We stayed in the Cabernet cottage.

What we didn't like:
It was hard to find the main office to check in.
The hot water in the cottage was very finicky.
The cabin had a subtle musty smell.
The sink drain was slow.

What we liked:
The breakfast was fantastic, gourmet, and delivered right to our doorstep!
I have a food allergy that Jackie was extremely thoughtful in accommodating, and it made us feel very welcome.
The decor was nice and well thought-out.
Everything else was great!

• Liked — Beautiful cottage, friendly host, gourmet breakfast
  • Disliked — finnicky hot water
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank andyjenny23
Arizona
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Country Cottage was a wonderful place to spend out 25th Anniversary in late December, 2008. The cottage in which we stayed was beautifully decorated, private feeling, and had a lovely view of the waters of Saratoga Passage - even the very comfortable bed had a view of the water. Hosts Tom and Jacki were very accommodating during our stay - without being pesky. The breakfasts were wonderful - either served in the house or delivered to our room. More than just standard fare food, we looked forward to Jacki's breakfast creations each morning! She also graciously took into consideration special dietary needs. We greatly appreciated the quietness of the location. It was a wonderfully relaxing stay! We would highly recommend Country Cottage to anyone looking to find a retreat from the hustle of city life. We will most certainly be back!

• Liked — Cozy and Private
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AZIslandHopper
Oregon
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I stayed here during a slow week in Febuary. I have traveled all over the country and even work at an Inn myself. But I was not impressed with my stay at all.

After reading online reviews I was really excited to go...but upon arriving I found out the "cottage" I was renting, was actually attached to the house. And the owner's bedroom was sharing a wall with mine. So much for privacy....The website is very misleading in that regard.

It was my first trip traveling with my pet....and staying here did not make it any easier. There where no receptacles to put my bagged pet poop, I was told upon arrival that the dog is "NOT ALLOWED ON THE BED FOR ANY REASON".....It didn't make me feel welcome...it made me feel like I was intruding. Just because they say they allow pets doesn't mean they like them.

I wouldn't stay here again.

HOWEVER: Breakfasts where delicious. Jackie is very nice, once you get her to warm up to you, and the old fashioned key to open your door was a nice touch.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank theorniesarefun
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2008

We stayed here Jun 14-15, 2008. We were only able to stay one night and Jackie was very flexible in accommodating us. We also brought along our 13-month old and the Cabernet Cottage was perfect. We enjoyed sitting on the swingset, strolling in the gardens, sitting in the gazebo, and looking out over the water. The cottages are located 4-5 blocks from town (downhill), and just a few blocks from the Edgecliff Restaurant and Saratoga Passage.

The breakfast was wonderful. Fresh OJ, hot bread pudding, mango/kiwi fruit medley, hot chocolate, and a beautiful setting (the four seasons dining room).

Our party actually booked 2 rooms here and they have 6 cottages available. We are considering a family outing here next time!

Thanks Tom and Jackie!

• Liked — Comfortable and natural setting
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank BackDoc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langley
Captain Whidbey Inn
#2 of 16 in Langley
Harbor Inn
Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Freeland

Been to Country Cottage of Langley? Share your experiences!