“Affordable and yummy!”

Useless Bay Coffee Company
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Langley
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Everett, Washington
“Affordable and yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

The granola pancakes were the reason we went; great coffee, food, large portions and reasonable cost kept us coming back. It was a little surprising to discover that orders are placed at the coffee counter, but the staff was friendly, and delivered the food to our self-seat table. The double stack pancakes were soo big, we had left-overs! An unexpected treasure in a delightful little town, we hope to enjoy their hospitality again, soon!

• Visited March 2014

Tacoma, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great spot for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

This little cafe was recommended to us and it was great. Breakfast was fast and fresh! the coffee was delish and the ambiance is eclectic. Loved the music too. Enjoy!

Visited April 2014
Port Townsend, Washington
“Soup is canned now?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We live in Port Townsend and sometimes take the ferry to Whidbey, hike at Saratoga, then stop in Langley for a bite to eat at Useless. Today my husband asked for a veggie panini and left it up to the crew to decide the ingredients, so long as it was vegetarian. He got a wonderful composition of fried egg w/spinach on foccacia. In other words, Useless's usual creativity and fresh ingredients. I was kind chilled after hiking on an April day, so I ordered soup. I verified the broccoli cheese option was vegetarian. When it arrived, it looked like the same glop you can buy at a Kroger store's soup pot ... shiny, thickened w/cornstarch. After a few bites of the salty stuff, my husband went inside to ask if it was homemade. Answer: No.

Funny thing: we ordered at 12:15p and we got "the last bowl" so maybe they had a glitch in their schedule today and couldn't make soup from scratch. I ended up with severe gastric distress (allergic to MSG and nitrates).

We have been going there for years and will go back. Locals traipse in and out ... always a good sign! For out of towners, please know the place is great: sophisticated decor, friendly staff, clean restrooms, and galvanized bistro sets outside nestled among a cottage garden. We had our dog with us, so we sat outside in the sun while I watched my husband eat his panini. I should have known something was amiss because our dog wouldn't lick a cheese-y soup off my fingers.

Moral of story: don't assume *everything* is made from scratch.

• Visited April 2014
usa
“Must buy - Baby Island Coffee and the Smuggler's Cove coffee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Great food and great coffee. My fave 2 blends are Baby Island and Smuggler's Cove. You can also buy their homemade granola which is so delicious. All of their food is excellent. Vegan friendly too! It's fun to sit outside and enjoy the sun!

• Visited April 2014
“Good coffee, cool vibe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I make it over to Whidbey Island two or three times a year. The main draw is the restaurants in Coupeville, but we make it down to Langley around mid day and have a bite at Useless Bay Coffee. Great coffee, and good grilled sandwiches, like at the better airport concessions. Then back to Coupeville for dinner.