“Breakfast and burgers”

Dining options: Breakfast
Seattle, WA
“Breakfast and burgers”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Thank heaven for UBCC, the best breakfast in Whidbey. I know tourists love the Braeburn, but locals eat at Useless Bay. Great breakfast, especially anything with the housemade chorizo, and excellent coffee. Really the only thing keeping them from getting 5 stars for breakfast is the egregious lack of a,liquor license ... Seriously, this place needs a decent Bloody Mary!

Lunch is also good, but would advise sticking to the sandwiches and burgers, which are consistently good, rather than the BBQ or specials, which are up and down. In nice weather you can eat out in the lovely little garden, where your dog is also welcome.

• Visited June 2013

Issaquah, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very welcome, but took us too long to find it! :)”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

After failing to find a coffee shop on the 'main street' in Langley we located the Useless Bay Coffee Company just a few yards away. What a great combination of eatery, coffee and music house. Loved the garden, literally with birds and bees by the dozen, lovely flowers and plethora of seating for all weathers. Strongly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Be careful of the cashier”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I ordered breakfast and a latte. Cashier asked if I wanted a double shot..I said ok. She rang me up and before I knew it the $3.30 latte was ringing at $3.90. I tell her just a single shot. She gives me the charge slip to sign..no mention of crediting me. I then ask if the double shot latte was more than the single shot to which she replies yes. She pauses and THEN she asks "would you like a credit"? Really? You were going to keep my money and not be honest? You need to ask me if I want a credit and not automatically credit me?

Breakfast didn't impress. On the pricier side. Place is real cute though.

Will think twice about returning because of the actions of the cashier.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank inlovewithparis60
Tualatin, Oregon
“Loved Union Bay!!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Unique, delightful, enjoyble, even for me, a non-coffee lover!!! The variety of food and beverages makes this a truly fun stop on Whidbey Island.

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Anyone could like this place”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This place is worth a stop just to check out the artistry and planning that went into the building.

Beyond that, they serve very good food and have a friendly staff. The interior gets very noisy as the dining room fills up so it's no real place to quietly sit and check your email but if you want to people watch, in Langley of all places, this seems to be a good place.

Visited February 2013