“excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Useless Bay Coffee Company
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Langley
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

The best coffee on the island. Sandwiches are all incredible. This is where I go for lunch when I want a great meal.

• Visited September 2012

Granite FAlls, WA
“Deliciously Eclectic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place was recommended to us by a couple of very nice women in an antique & fabric store. I had a burger with mushrooms and pepper jack cheese and a coke. You have a choice of fries or cole slaw and I chose the slaw. It was really bland. No flavor. Should have picked the fries which my friend had with her turkey/bacon club. The burger was really juicy, really messy, and really incredible. I would highly recommend it. My friends' sandwich was great and the strawberry drink she had was refreshing. The atmosphere is lively, both in and outside, and the decor is eclectic and fun.

• Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place for a cup of coffee!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We took beans home too as a gift.

Coffee was great. Fun, easygoing place.

We are no coffee snobs but this was definitely decent stuff!

Visited June 2012
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Nice lunch spot in Langley.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

As I normally do when we visit a town where we're unfamiliar with the restaurants, I asked a local where to have lunch. Her suggestion was w/o hesitation and she sent us to Useless Bay. Neither my wife nor myself were disappointed. She had a Southwest Chicken Salad and I ate the Baja Fish Tacos. The ice tea was better than what you normally get and both our lunches were quite good. We topped it off with a Serious Chocolate Cookie which was seriously good and seriously big enough to share.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vienna, Virginia
“Outstanding espresso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I haven't eaten at UB Coffee Company so this review is just about the espresso. I prowl coffee shops wherever I travel, always on the lookout for decent espresso, and I'm happy to report that UB serves up truly superior shots of the stuff. Unfortunately most coffee shops I've tried screw up the process somewhere along the line - often using stale beans, excessive heat, and over-extraction. UB's had none of these flaws. I was told the coffee manager personally selects blends of beans to achieve the desired flavor. Each shot is quite small - you'll want to order a double at least - but this makes for a thicker and tastier result with a nice layer of crema.

• Visited July 2012