“Deliciously Eclectic”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place was recommended to us by a couple of very nice women in an antique & fabric store. I had a burger with mushrooms and pepper jack cheese and a coke. You have a choice of fries or cole slaw and I chose the slaw. It was really bland. No flavor. Should have picked the fries which my friend had with her turkey/bacon club. The burger was really juicy, really messy, and really incredible. I would highly recommend it. My friends' sandwich was great and the strawberry drink she had was refreshing. The atmosphere is lively, both in and outside, and the decor is eclectic and fun.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We took beans home too as a gift.

Coffee was great. Fun, easygoing place.

We are no coffee snobs but this was definitely decent stuff!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

As I normally do when we visit a town where we're unfamiliar with the restaurants, I asked a local where to have lunch. Her suggestion was w/o hesitation and she sent us to Useless Bay. Neither my wife nor myself were disappointed. She had a Southwest Chicken Salad and I ate the Baja Fish Tacos. The ice tea was better than what you normally get and both our lunches were quite good. We topped it off with a Serious Chocolate Cookie which was seriously good and seriously big enough to share.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I haven't eaten at UB Coffee Company so this review is just about the espresso. I prowl coffee shops wherever I travel, always on the lookout for decent espresso, and I'm happy to report that UB serves up truly superior shots of the stuff. Unfortunately most coffee shops I've tried screw up the process somewhere along the line - often using stale beans, excessive heat, and over-extraction. UB's had none of these flaws. I was told the coffee manager personally selects blends of beans to achieve the desired flavor. Each shot is quite small - you'll want to order a double at least - but this makes for a thicker and tastier result with a nice layer of crema.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

for those coffee snobs (or just coffee lovers) who're reading this, I was delighted to see the typical brown cups with white insides @ Useless Bay--no paper cups for me! And the cappuccino & lunch we had we delicious, reasonable, and locally sourced (whatever they can). You can sit inside or outside, and just relax and enjoy the surroundings, which are delightful, for sure.
9what