“Great Lunch spot with rooftop view”
Review of Prima Bistro

Prima Bistro
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Langley
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Danville, California
“Great Lunch spot with rooftop view”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Delicious Pacific NW lunch, smoked salmon, mussels and AWESOME french fries.
Nice view on a pretty day overlooking the water.

Visited August 2014
primabistro, Owner at Prima Bistro, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank you so much for coming in and taking the time to review us...we appreciate it!

Port Townsend, Washington
“Eclectic Menu”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were in Langley on a Sunday evening and despite the official closing of 9:00 PM the restaurant accommodated us at 8:45 as they did a number of other couples. Service was good and the food was excellent.

Visited June 2014
primabistro, Owner at Prima Bistro, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Glad we got you in and that you were happy with your experience! Thanks for the review and hope to see you again!
“Good service and adventurous food”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We spent the weekend on Whidbey Island. I based our visit purely on the positive TA reviews. We wanted to find a place for dinner before catching the ferry home. I called while we were driving towards Langley. The hostess said they were booked but that they do try to accommodate walk-ins. I thought we'd have a problem getting a table at all. To my surprise, she got us a table on the patio within ten minutes of arrival. That's a plus because we are often turned away because of long waits at restaurants not nearly as good as this one.

I had the prawns small plate. They were delicious. I took a picture of the ingredients on the menu. We're going to try to replicate it. I also had a small salad. My husband had the salad and lamb chops and risotto. We split the chocolate dessert. They didn't charge for it because it was our anniversary.

They had several items on their menu that we weren't quite ready to try. I'm planning another visit to Langley with a friend where we will try other small plates.

I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or casual dinner. It's not a dressy place - just good food and knowledgeable servers.

primabistro, Owner at Prima Bistro, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thanks for coming in and reviewing us! Hope to see you again soon.
“Just Short of 5/5”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Food - awesome
Location - amazing
Service - lacking efficiency

First impressions of the restaurant were of a nice cozy place located upstairs above a grocery store in a small, sleepy town on Whidbey Island. We arrived for the food, specifically the Penn Cove mussels and were not disappointed. We enjoyed the rooftop seating under an umbrella and looking out at Puget Sound with the occasional unpleasant view of a beer-bellied cyclist squeezing through chairs, positioning himself, strategically, in front of every woman below 40 with the overly revealing cycling shorts.

The hostess was overwhelmed. Letting us know that our table would be ready in 5-10 minutes and jotted my name down on the list. She was right, about 7 min later a table (that would eventually become ours) was empty and reset, but it was another 20 min until the hostess (who was busy answering phones, taking names of the new customers arriving, and saying goodbye to people who finished the meal, along with rushing around for no apparent reason) finally seated us.

Since we had plenty of time to look over the menu while we were waiting to be seated at the open table, we ordered food immediately upon the waitress taking our drink order. There were a lot of employees hustling around, but it seemed like forever until they rotated around to every table. Our water was finally refilled at the end of our meal and I never got asked if I wanted a refilled on my ice tea (to their credit, the waitress never came by once the food was dropped off...)

The food - get the Penn Cove mussels and the French Fries. My wife and I split a 'small plate' of mussels and we felt like we had plenty. The mussels had a wonderful butter, wine, and shallot sauce, but was unfortunately not served with a side of bread. French Fries were shoestring, crisp, salted nicely, and hot. We also split the chicken and bacon sandwich with a side salad. The sandwich was salty, I think it was the cheese, but overall ok.

Would I go back? Yes, but only with reservations so we can get a table right away (and maybe bring a water bottle...).

primabistro, Owner at Prima Bistro, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank you very much for coming in and reviewing us. I'm sorry it sounds like things were a bit chaotic on your visit...this summer season is rocking Langley and we are all trying our best to keep up. Hopefully you will return so we can give you an all around 5 star experience.
Bellevue, Washington
“why we come to Langley”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Second only to the wonderful free housing with a million dollar view courtesy of friends,the reason we come to Langley is to have at least one, if not more, meals at Prima.Everything we have tried is spot on in perfection.The mussels with the fries make me swoon.

• Visited July 2014
primabistro, Owner at Prima Bistro, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
THANK YOU! We so appreciate you taking the time to positively review us. Hope to see you again very soon!