“Small Plates, Big Dinner”
Review of Prima Bistro

Prima Bistro
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Langley
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
El Paso, Texas
“Small Plates, Big Dinner”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

had several small plates. Penn Cove mussels in curry sauce were tender and seasoning was spectacular. Fried oysters were among the best I have had. The charcuterie sample was great. Fingerling potatoes were saved by the aioli and their pasta was freshly made and excellent. All herbs and veggies very fresh. A very nice dinner, with a table overlooking the street. Would like to have eaten on the deck, but weather did not cooperate.

Visited July 2014
primabistro, Owner at Prima Bistro, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to positively review us and we hope to see you again soon!

Clarkston, Michigan
“Excellence in a small town”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Went their with 6 adults and three children, surprising amount of seating on second floor. Nice outdoor area but it was a bit chilly so sat inside. Very prompt service, excellent wine list, very interesting seafood dishes. Deserts to die for!

• Visited July 2014
primabistro, Owner at Prima Bistro, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
So glad you enjoyed...hope to see you again on a warmer day so you can enjoy the patio!
Seattle, Washington
“How can I count the ways we loved this place”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were meeting family who were riding the ferry over on a Friday night. When they missed the boat we called and changed our reservation at the last minute. When we finally did arrive we had to wait for just a bit, but managed to squeeze into their tiny little bar for a drink while we waited for our table.
The place was not your quiet dine alone but a robust and jovial dining experience. We started by ordering small plates and we ate so many I can't remember them all but everyone was fantastic. We did have some favorites in the crowd, mine was the pork belly, crispy deep fried tasty morsels served with a tart cherry relish. I would have preferred it to be served by the pound; I just don't think you could get too much. They had a good selection of cheeses and cured meats and the confit of duck leg was excellent, crispy on the outside and juicy and succulent on the inside. The main courses are as well prepared as the small plates. I had the wild trout with fingerling potatoes. It was excelltly prepared, it came to the table a perfect fillet cooked to perfection. I will return to the Primo Bistro on our next trip to the island.

• Visited June 2014
Alaska
“Good Food - Painfully Slow Service”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a restaurant with outdoor seating in Langley to enjoy the beautiful afternoon. The Prima Bistro rooftop deck fit the bill perfectly with a nice view of the water. The Prima Bistro has an interesting menu with several French related choices. My wife is French and she was impressed with the menu. I had the clams and chorizo and my wife had the Trout with capers and butter sauce. Both meals were excellent. The clams were tasty and spicy. The trout was also very tasty. We would both be happy to order the same thing again.

I would have given the Prima Bistro 4 or 5 stars but the service, although friendly, was painfully slow. I also set my empty ice tea glass on the edge of the table and tried to get it refilled but never did. The time from order to food available was totally unacceptable and the place was not crowded.

Everyone has a bad day so we would return to give them another chance as the food was very good.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank AKPROG
primabistro, Owner at Prima Bistro, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
So glad you enjoyed your meal...hoping you will return so that we can give you a 5 star overall experience. We apologize that you had an extra wait time during this very intense tourist season. Again, hope to see you again!
Tucson
“Charming - interestng menu”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Newly arrived on the ferry, we were hungry and wanted a pleasant sit down lunch and we found it. Husband ordered the clams and chorizio served with excellent crunchy bread in the "bistro" or smaller size. Just perfect for an eglegant very French-feeling lunch. I opted for the asparagus-ham risotto, also bistro size. Sitting on the umbrella-shaded top deck, looking out over the water was a very enjoyable experience and a wonderful introduction to the varied splendors of Whitbey Island. The interior looked like a wonderful space for a cooler day. The wait staff was very attentive and informed about the menu - didn't strike us as "summer help" and we just wondered how / if this place stays open in the off season.

• Visited June 2014