“The view should be on the menu”
Review of Prima Bistro

Prima Bistro
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Langley
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The location of this great eatery is fantastic. Second floor of a great old building looking up the pass between Camano Island and Whidbey Island cannot be beat. The location was what drew me upstairs, the food cemented the choice. Leans French, high in flavor and multiple choices. We had the starters of "Chicken Liver Pate'" and Bread and Butter. The pate' was smooth and tasty served with toasted bread slices. The other bread basket (under 2 bucks) was a bonus of fresh baked finery. My wife had a great Ruben that was filled with fresh and delicious ingredients. She let me have a quarter of it, yep, great. I had the lunch "Lamb Chops with Polenta". There was lavender as an added taste. The tender lamb lollypops were perfectly grilled and it was served on a very hot cast iron griddle. There was a covering of bubbling goodness when served. Perhaps butter and honey, I just know I dredged the polenta all threw it. Great service and a wonderful feeling made this one of my new favorite stops on Whidbey. Downstairs in the same building is a great grocery store with a huge inventory and a surprising "Dry Goods" store. There were wonderful fashion choices and coffee too.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

There were so many items on the menu that looked good we opted for several and then shared. We loved the mussels, lamb, hummus fries, along with a very nice salad.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Well rounded menu, small and large plates to pick from. Has rooftop outdoor eating with sound view for nicer weather. Steep climb up the stairs and noticed one patron struggled to get up there.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

My husband and I were surprised to find a wonderful jazz combo playing great music on a Thursday night at this fun restaurant in Langley. Good thing we made a reservation because the place was packed with locals and visitors alike. The food and service was very high quality with a large menu and lots of wine to choose from. One suggestion: don't forget your reading glasses. I did, and ended up mistakenly ordering two glasses of $19, not $9 as I thought, per glass wine. We were quite surprised when we got the bill as the wine cost more than our food! A bit pricey to say the least but overall we thoroughly enjoyed our meals, wine and the evening.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We had a light dinner here mid-week late in April. It appeared that most of the diners were locals, always a good sign. Service was fast & friendly. We'd had a late lunch so stuck with salads and appy's - the prawn/almond dish was delicious! The decor is simple and family friendly. Prices are reasonable. Not upscale fine dining, but solid, good fare.