“Smooth paddling with this Kayak Company”

Whidbey Island Kayaking
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Langley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Whidbey Island Kayaking Co. is a tour company based on beautiful Whidbey Island, Washington. We specialize in providing unique kayak tours for paddlers of all abilities: 2-hour tours, 4-hour tours, full moon tours, bioluminescence tours, birdwatching tours and sunrise paddles. Advance reservations are required. During the summer, we also allow rentals of our kayaks and paddleboards (SUP).
San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Smooth paddling with this Kayak Company”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very positive experience this weekend with Whidbey Island Kayak Company. The owner did
a great job of answering my questions over the phone and instilling a sense he knew how to run
an adventure sport company. Great website with detailed information and pricing options.
Efficient onshore operation with boats and gear that were prepared and ready to use.
We arrived and within 15 minutes were paddling our of Langley harbor. We chose the self directed trip and enjoyed a nice 1 1/2 hour paddle along the coast. Weather was sunny and warm.
Always a treat to be on the water , working the body and refreshing the soul.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank sraley123

usa
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Paddleboarding adventures on Whidbey”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We did this twice! My husband and I both loved it. Ed is amazing. He gave us great instructions. We loved paddle boarding in the beautiful cove. We could sea the sea life beneath our boards. We saw crabs and fish! Eagles overhead. Deer on the shoreline. I will do this every time I'm on Whidbey. What a great experience.
Don't be afraid of it!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank tinydancr
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A great morning”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I were having a short getaway on Whidbey Island during a trip to Seattle and wanted to try a new activity. We decided to try kayaking. We needed everything including equipment, instruction and patience. We are in our 60s. Guide Fred first gave us safety instruction and basic instructions in order to get us moving. Pace was exactly appropriate for our ability and we had a great time on the calm water on a perfect morning.

We also met the owner who was friendly and accommodating. This is a quality operation and good people.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank emilio800
New York City, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome private tour for experienced kayakers”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband, son and I are experienced kayakers - but being new to the area and to sea kayaking in general, we wanted a guide. We also wanted a longer, more challenging paddle than the typical group trip with first timers. So I contacted Ed Young at Whidbey Island Kayaking in advance of our trip and he arranged a private tour with an experienced, wonderful guide Emi. We kayaked about 14 miles from Langley Marina to the ferry dock at Clinton - awesome views, lots of bald eagles, and even a couple of seals who swam along with us for awhile. It was just what we were looking for, and was a reasonable price. I highly recommend this Kayaking company - it was also super safe with good "emergency" instruction beforehand and good equipment. Best way to experience the water!!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank 212Carol
San Diego
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Go for it!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

For a new perspective of Whidbey Island and a very fun morning or afternoon I highly recommend the 2 hour kayak tour with Whidbey Island Kayaking Company. The kayaks are well maintained and safety of the participants is emphasized. The owner was my group's guide. He was friendly, supportive of kayaking newbies and well informed about the area. Even elementary school age kids in my group were able to kayak since the company uses 2 person kayaks which allowed a parent to be with each child. I went in the morning since it tends to get more windy with rougher seas in the afternoon.

No matter what your level of expertise (as long as you are somewhat physically fit and enjoy being outdoors) you will be glad to go kayaking with Whidbey Island Kayaking Company. Their website is very complete and gives accurate details about the trips. Go for it!

Visited August 2012