“Breakfast with a kick!!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Description: Restaurant Phone (360) 321-4120
Description: Restaurant Phone (360) 321-4120
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had breakfast at the Clover patch. Large menu to chose from and good service. Had a shot of whiskey with breafast and it was the size of about 4 shots!!

3  Thank BellevueBrenda
There are newer reviews for Neil's Clover Patch Cafe

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We eat at Neil's Clover Patch often. It is ALWAYS good and the staff is always friendly and efficient. We had a party of 5 in last night and they were quite busy. Our food arrived on time and everything was perfect.

We certainly do not agree with the rude review posted by an impatient & rude person last evening. Perhaps they should try finding better food on the island?.......

Thanks to Neils for another excellent meal with our family and friends.

3  Thank SEATravlers
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My grandpa lives on Whidbey Island, and he is a frequent flyer at Neil's Clover Patch Cafe. So when we visit we often go there with him. The waitstaff is extremely friendly and make the dinning experience wonderful for my children. They know my grandpa by name and take real good care of him. They waitstaff is even aware that my grandpa lives alone and has no family nearby. During the last snow storm, grandpa didn't show up at the restaurant, and the waitstaff called him to make sure he was okay or if he needed anything. Not only do you feel welcome and cared for, the food is fabulous at an affordable price. The kitchen was more that helpful in accommodating my special requests. On the weekends it can be along wait for food but this ma and pa place can crank out the food for the size of their kitchen. Trust me it is worth the wait. Best eggs Benedict I have ever eaten. I rated it a 4for atmosphere only because it could use some updating. Love the Clover Patch.

2  Thank Becca20002000
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Still the best food for the price on Whidbey Island, Great Breakfasts, soups and Dinners! The Prime Rib on Friday's is to die for!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I've had previous poor service at Neil's Clover Patch and I should have never gone back. I stopped in for dinner last week.

Found an open table and waited to be acknowledged. Finally I was able to place my drink order. My waitress finally arrived. She was an older lady with a horrible attitude. I think it would have cracked her face if she had smiled. Ugh!

I ordered the Captain's Plate with my fries well done. When my meal finally arrived, the order was wrong. The fries weren't well done as ordered. I let this slide. The food was over cooked and very greasy.

They had added deep fried oysters to the Captain's Plate. I took one bite and it was the nastiest thing I had ever tasted. The oyster tasted bad and it took forever for me to get the taste out of my mouth. I pulled the oyster apart and it looked like black slime.

The waitress was horrible and when I finally got her attention, I told her about the oysters. I told her that they may want to remove them from the meal and that they tasted bad. The the waitress told me "Oh, that happens some times" and then walks away. She didn't ever care!

I decided to stay and have the ice cream that came with the meal. I was trying to get rid of the nasty taste in my mouth. While I was taking a bite of the ice cream, I overheard the nasty waitress and another waitress talk about the ice cream. The one waitress was telling the other one that "I think I got rid of all of the old ice cream from last week. I gave the ugly stuff to the kids to get rid of it."

I left right after that. I've had it with the very poor service, poor quality of food and the high price they charge. I will never go to Neil's Clover Patch again!

I had a similar experience with ordering a double bacon cheeseburger on a gluten free bun.
The cost was double what I have been charged for the same meal that came with more at other places.

Neil's is a dive that should be avoided.