“OK, older building”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lakewood
Reardan,Wa.
“OK, older building”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The motel is older ie '60's...ants crawling in cracks in bathroom. Heat very inconsistent,either too cold or too hot. Sink water stream was a trickle, my hubby took off screen and cleaned the wire filter,then ok. Beyond me why the faucet and ants weren't noted by housekeeping. We had our dog, unit was ground floor,which was very convenient with a pet. A long ways to office and breakfast room, so a microwife would have been nice to reheat coffee,etc. The unit was pretty quiet. Internet/wifi did not work for me and the one in office was slower than slow. There are lots of motels/hotels in area so doubt we would stay again. Breakfast was so/so.

Room Tip: ground floor is assigned when traveling with pets,which was fine.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Goldendale, Washington
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Overall found this to be a great hotel for an overnight business trip. It was within a reasonable travel distance to my next day inspection. The staff was very friendly and professional, willing to go out of their way to ensure that I had a comfortable stay. I had an upper king room that I found to be very comfortable and spacious. The internet worked well and I was able to access all of my connections without incident. The breakfast is a "Continental Breakfast" therefore don't expect a vast spread. However, I found the selection to be very good with multiple choices of breads, muffins, yogurts and coffee's. It is roughly 2 miles off of the I-5 corridor, so you don't get that constant freeway noise associated with being right off the freeway. A great place to stay and I will be back on my next trip to the Tacoma area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great stay for a great price. Clean room and friendly courteous service. I don't remember his name, but he was very helpful at check in. I was given an late checkout which was very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. I loved having the outside corridor instead of all of the room entrances being on the inside, made it very convenient to load and unload belongings. Thank you for an enjoyable stay I will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

vancouver, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Room was dirty , room stunk very badly of dog , I HAVE STAYED IN PET FRIENDLY ROOM OTHER PLACES BUT THIS ONE IS RALLY BAD....showers are not pressure balanced and old so taking a shower stunk to and the shower head leaked everywhere , you can see day light through the door seal so the heater cycling on and off all night , will leave my small pet home next time it is better to do that then to stay in the dog house

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Ronald S
Oak Harbor, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Everything about the motel was okay except that when we arrived, our room was not heated at all. This is January! We arrived late and had to wait for our room to warm up to even take our coats off. We stay at BWs because there's usually no negative issues. They had our credit card and would have been compensated for the night anyway. We think alittle heat would have been basic.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank James R. R
Lakewood Motor I, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lakewood, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
We have already apologized to guest directly and settled the issue. Guest was very happy with the end result and will be staying with us again in the near future.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Good property centrally located, and was a clean smoke free environment, Continental Breakfast was good and rooms Internet service was fast, Only complaint was they were doing maintenance on some room nearby at 10 pm at night one of the days I was there and this was a bit noisy and annoying

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Rainier, Oregon
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The reviews for this property were not the best, but it was very close to our business destination, and I tend to favor B/W over other brands, so we took a chance on staying there. Our arrival was not good. Late on a "dark and stormy night", trying to locate the motel, even with Google, was difficult because their signage is not prominent. I had to call the night desk clerk, and even she was uncertain as to how to get us to the place. We did arrive, only to find our room almost as cold as outdoors and smelling strongly of mold and mildew. The property is old, probably built in the late '50s, and shows it. The door to the room was almost impossible to open, because it was warped and bound on the upper frame. It required a strong shoulder thrust to open from outside, and was almost impossible to open from inside. The same was true, to a lesser degree, of the door into the bathroom. There was one thin blanket on the bed, and no bedspread or comforter (although there was a spare blanket in the wardrobe). The HVAC was adequate, but intermittently shut off for no reason. There is little sound-proofing; a 5 AM trip to the bathroom by the traveler in the room above was clearly heard, foot-step by foot-step. Internet service was slow to non-existent, even with the "business" computer in the lobby, so I missed a very important incoming message. The elderly desk clerk was completely unconcerned that internet service was inadequate. Breakfast was adequate-to-fair. I would have rated this property as 'Terrible' except that the shower and sink area had been recently renovated with quality faux granite, and was quite nice. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kalamariverrat
Lakewood Motor I, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lakewood, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I apologize for the inconvenience of the door being hard to open. Unfortunately with outdoor entrances when the weather gets too cold, they give our travelers a bit of a workout. We do maintain them often, but we can't beat the weather. Like any other building, old or new you will hear foot steps from above if you stay in a ground floor room, next time you stay with us maybe try a second floor room. We are waiting for our new comforter order, so it will be warmer than the blankets we currently have. Our HVAC unit will automatically turn off once the temperature desired in the room is reached, it will turn itself on again when it starts getting cooler. I again apologize for the inconvenience, I hope you give us another chance to serve you in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Days Inn Lakewood South Tacoma
Candlewood Suites Lakewood
Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tac...
#1 of 1 in Lakewood Pierce County
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#10 of 28 in Tacoma
Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront

Been to Best Western Lakewood? Share your experiences!