Best Western Lakewood
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Tacoma)
View Hotel
All reviewsmotor inncontinental breakfastquiet areatacoma areawafflesbest westernsroom was cleanwould stay here againsink areawaffle makerconvenient locationno elevatornice place to stayhard boiled eggsfront desk staffbusiness tripoakwood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Everything about the motel was okay except that when we arrived, our room was not heated at all. This is January! We arrived late and had to wait for our room to warm up to even take our coats off. We stay at BWs because there's usually no negative issues. They had our credit card and would have been compensated for the night anyway. We think alittle heat would have been basic.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank James R. R
Lakewood Motor I, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

We have already apologized to guest directly and settled the issue. Guest was very happy with the end result and will be staying with us again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Good property centrally located, and was a clean smoke free environment, Continental Breakfast was good and rooms Internet service was fast, Only complaint was they were doing maintenance on some room nearby at 10 pm at night one of the days I was there and this was a bit noisy and annoying

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The reviews for this property were not the best, but it was very close to our business destination, and I tend to favor B/W over other brands, so we took a chance on staying there. Our arrival was not good. Late on a "dark and stormy night", trying to locate the motel, even with Google, was difficult because their signage is not prominent. I had to call the night desk clerk, and even she was uncertain as to how to get us to the place. We did arrive, only to find our room almost as cold as outdoors and smelling strongly of mold and mildew. The property is old, probably built in the late '50s, and shows it. The door to the room was almost impossible to open, because it was warped and bound on the upper frame. It required a strong shoulder thrust to open from outside, and was almost impossible to open from inside. The same was true, to a lesser degree, of the door into the bathroom. There was one thin blanket on the bed, and no bedspread or comforter (although there was a spare blanket in the wardrobe). The HVAC was adequate, but intermittently shut off for no reason. There is little sound-proofing; a 5 AM trip to the bathroom by the traveler in the room above was clearly heard, foot-step by foot-step. Internet service was slow to non-existent, even with the "business" computer in the lobby, so I missed a very important incoming message. The elderly desk clerk was completely unconcerned that internet service was inadequate. Breakfast was adequate-to-fair. I would have rated this property as 'Terrible' except that the shower and sink area had been recently renovated with quality faux granite, and was quite nice. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kalamariverrat
Lakewood Motor I, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience of the door being hard to open. Unfortunately with outdoor entrances when the weather gets too cold, they give our travelers a bit of a workout. We do maintain them often, but we can't beat the weather. Like any other building, old or new you will hear foot steps from above if you stay in a ground floor room, next time you stay with us maybe try a second floor room. We are waiting for our new comforter order, so it will be warmer than the blankets we currently have. Our HVAC unit will automatically turn off once the temperature desired in the room is reached, it will turn itself on again when it starts getting cooler. I again apologize for the inconvenience, I hope you give us another chance to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I made my reservation online, and when I arrive there they gave us a discount for the holidays, which we really appreciated. Instead of paying the online rate of $115, I ended up paying $90 (with tax). My hubby and I were very happy. We passed our happiness by word of mouth to all we met during our stay. They do serve a good breakfast, which I have only eaten once, about a year ago, when my in-laws were out of town. We usually enjoy breakfast with my in-laws (retired airforce) at the Dennis or I-Hop breakfast places around town. Tacoma is 20 min away, and offers after 9pm eateries. Just use your Yelp on your phone or laptop, for precise directions. In Lakewood we love the Cham's Korean BBQ for lunch or dinner. It's a small place, so be ready to wait up to 30 min for a table, but well-worth the wait. I choose to stay here, specifically at this hotel, even if I am traveling up to Seattle. I have not find a better, friendlier, quieter place any where else in the state of Washington.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carmen O
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Overall good. Card keys do not work well - elderly or disabled may be spending the night in the parking lot. Older construction meant the room was more quiet than many newer hotels. Carpet needed shampooing - something most hotels seem to put on a back burner. I would return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business