“Excellent value for the price”

Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our 2 night stay was just fine. The rooms are not fancy, but clean and comfortable. Parking was easy. This is the first time we encountered a room where they don't use a fancy, flowered bedspread, but instead the blanket is wrapped in clean, white sheets. It make the room less fancy looking, but I think a cleaner environment, as most motels rarely wash the bedspreads anyway. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom all worked and was clean. The only negative was that there was no place to sit for breakfast. You had to take food back to your room. Food was good...waffels, etc.

Room Tip: A bit difficult to find. Use a GPS and you'll be OK.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had no problems with anything other a little more parking is needed . My room was the best cleaned room I have every stayed in.I did
not have that hotel smell on my clothes when I got home like I have any other time I have stayed away from home in a hotel. I plan on coming back out there again next year and stay there again the front desk was helpful on directions to places around the area to go

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jeff n
Reviewed July 2, 2013

PROs:
- The price is great for the area.
- Male desk person accommodated our request to change rooms immediately & up-graded
us (due to the smoke smell in our "non smoking room").
- Little coffee maker, microwave, refridgerator, full size irioning board, iron and hair dryer in
the room.

CONs
- My "non smoking room" reeked of cigarettes. It was suffocating.
- Female desk person was rude and unaccommodating. It was an affront to her existence to
ask for anything; especially early check in.
- No early check in; check in at 3:00 pm.
- Doesn't seem to be in a very nice/clean area nor the best clientele staying at the hotel.
- Laundry room is tiny; two people max in there. It is also extremely filthy. I decided to go to
a laundromat rather than be in there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Victoria P
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Yes, the price is right, and based on reviews, I picked this motel for an overnight stay. I was disappointed however. The owner is very nice and helpful. Our room was clean at first glance, but found very dirty scum on the bathtub tiles that I scraped off with my nail. Yuk! A little "elbow grease" would have cleaned that. Also, the grout around the tub tiles was disgustingly dirty/black and some cracked. The shower curtain rod was made out of a PVC pipe! The refrigerator was so noisy, I had to unplug it. The door to our room was difficult to close and the wood frame in need of repair. The door chain was missing. Just after we arrived, a maid tried to come into the room to "show" it to someone?? Very strange. Breakfast was so-so. It is crammed onto a tiny counter in the Lobby and consisted of cereal, MYO waffles, juice, coffee, bagels, day old(?) donuts, etc. Got a coffee to go and a bagel. I wouldn't stay there again, tho my hubby would by himself. On the plus side, the beds were comfortable, the sheets looked and smelled clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jxnmom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our stay was great considering the amount we paid. We were having issue with our laptop with the internet connection, and we notified the front desk. A friendly tech came to assist us right away. The front desk lady and other hotel staff are very nice and accommodating. The appliances are new. Very quiet place and just few minutes from the McChord AFB, where we visited our military guy. I like the small dining area as well. I also enjoyed making fresh waffles during breakfast. We will definitely stay in this hotel again. Thank you to the wonderful staffs. You made us welcome!!! Gracie - Houston

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Very clean and neat. New carpet, new mattresses, flat screen TV, fence around parking lot except the entrance to the motel,video surveillance,

Good location for south half of Tacoma. Friendly employees. We will stay again when we are visiting Tacoma!!

Tim T - Longview

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathy T
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was an a very considered Hotel, they made us fell welcome. I recommend all vacation travelers to stop at America's Best Value Inn on Sharondale St in Lakewood, WA. before they consider any other Hotel in town!

Respectfully,
LeRoy Johnson

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bozznitti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Days Inn Lakewood South Tacoma
Candlewood Suites Lakewood
2 mi away
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tac...
#1 of 1 in Lakewood Pierce County

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base? Share your experiences!