Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Clean, extremely comfortable beds. Upstairs with new TV's was nice. The owner was extremely helpful in meeting each need or even request. Specially added a few ingredients for breakfast on request, provided additional bedding etc for our Army guest on request. Small & basic but met all our needs.

Room Tip: Back was quieter. Upstairs is for non smokers.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Modestly furnished but very clean. The bed was very comfortable and brand new also the staff was friendly and helpful. When i come back i will definitely stay here again, no question. There under new management and they're doing it right.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My son and I stayed here at the last minute and I am very happy we did. I selected this location because of the price and I was pleasantly surprised of how nice it was. The people working at this hotel were very nice and very helpful.
The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable. I got a good night sleep. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Don't stay here! I booked for three nights with instructions of how to cancel if we only stayed one night. (We were there waiting for a space available flight from McChord.). We got a flight after one night. I called the central office early and cancelled, and I also cancelled at the desk before breakfast. They charged us for three nights when our credit card bill arrived. So, military travelers: fair warning. They won't refund $70.00 after I did exactly what they instructed me to do!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lagunatic58
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I did not know how great their services was until I actually visited this hotel. One of their house keepers by the name phylicica does a great job in cleaning the rooms and that made me fall in love with this hotel because she cleans it as if she was cleaning her own house. It's very quiet and peaceful and I would recommend this for any person that want a good hotel and quality services.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I booked a room here through expedia for my son. when i got there they didnt have my reservation so everything needed to be re-entered in their system. i was told REPEATEDLY, that my credit card used online would not be charged. well 3 days later it was. surprise! But at the desk i gave them a different card to use, they charged that card TWICE! for one night stay. When i called to dispute the charges, the owner Amy,(not her real name) blatantly lied, and said that he stayed for 2 nights after he turned in the key at checkout directly to her. I am the one that picked him up from there, he was home the next day that she lied about stating he was there for 2 nights. Either way, the receptionist was advised that i would only be paying for one night, signed for only one night. BEWARE! ALSO, my son complained to them because he was not able to lock the door to the room because the door was coming off the hinges. if you're going to stay here please pay with cash!

Room Tip: Dont use your credit card
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank M R
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We booked our room after a dreadful stay in a motel in Puyallup no hot water continental breakfast consisted of old coffee and stale doughnuts. We got the military discount as I am a retired Naval Aviator and youngest son who has since deployed to Afghanistan wanted us to stay longer. I spoke with Amy before our long drive back to Pennsylvania and was told of the problems she inherited from the previous owner. She has had flat screen tv's installed in most rooms but they are stolen as fast as they can be replaced. We had an issue in our room and I spoke with Amy. She has a in house maintenance man that responded within a half hour. Amy was there from my own observations upward of sixteen hours a day, Amy is trying to recover from an already blemished reputation due to neglect of previous owner. Rooms were clean, staff was more than polite and housekeeper was most helpful and more than courteous she went the extra mile as did Amy. I have stayed in some nasty lodging and this was excellent. My dad always said believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear. In refuting some posts, parking was well lighted and I saw nothing that resembled a slum as previously stated. The beds were comfortable and the pillows the largest I have ever seen. Well done Amy and kudos to your staff. When my son returns you can bet I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Unless you are a high maintenance snob you shouldn't be disappointed. Think of the sacrifices o...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Days Inn Lakewood South Tacoma
#1 of 6 in Lakewood
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle
Candlewood Suites Lakewood

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base? Share your experiences!