“good value all things considered”

Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I needed a place to stay in the area and after considerable research I decided on this hotel. I comitted to 3 nights (NOV.1-4) and was not disappointed. All previous negative comments are mostly not valid: rougher part of town- NOT! Questionable clientele were workers doing reno in some of the rooms. The parking lot WAS, and IS well lit. I felt totally safe at all times.
Frozen bagels? They have a toaster there! All in all, the continental breakfast was adequate. If you want luxurious, stay at a Four Seasons.
It's funny how one reviewer found one or 2 negative things to say, and suddenly ALL categories are rated as poor. Beware when reading such reviews, likely written by the competition.
Some positive comments from me: friendly service, clean rooms, very comfy beds, and yes, in my room the furniture and carpet was somewhat worn. But at $50 per nite, it was excellent value.
Oh, by the way, a few blocks on the main street is an awesome restaurant (AAA Chinese buffet) definitely worth checking out. Lots of other restaurants in the area, even walking distance.
I would definitely stay here again if given the opportunity.
I hereby certify that I am not connected to this property in any way. (visitor from Vancouver, B.C.)

Room Tip: Want a quiet room? Ask for an upper (2nd) floor on the side away from the main road. As the hotel is...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is a good fit for a price/value driven hotel room buyer in the area of JBLM. A 2.5 star rating is appropriate in my opinion.
New management bought the hotel in May 2012, and she is making visible upgrades to the hotel. This past weekend, while I was a guest, they replaced the TVs in all rooms with new Vizio flat screen TVs.
I felt the area was safe, though I see others had a different opinion. I went running in the local area Sunday morning and felt no concerns for safety.
At night, you can hear Taps played from the near-bye base. Occasionally, you will here jets taking off from the base, but I did not find this activity frequent or too loud. Likewise, I did not hear noise from the near-bye train tracks that detracted from my stay.
Higher-end hotels and motels are located near-bye, but are 2x and 3x the price per night. If you are conducting business at JBLM and need only a safe, clean, easily accessible motel where you'll sleep, that is a price leader in the area, then you can consider this hotel a good choice and value. Parking spaces are very tight. No workout facilities. Free WiFi, free HBO channels (10), and free continental breakfast (coffee, pastries, cereal) are nice to have here.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The outside parameter was very neat n clean. The front desk service was very helpful n courteous. room service was very good. overall it was a good experience n next time i would prefer to stay in this hotel..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

After reading good reviews I was shocked when I checked in. This motel is in a rougher part of town, and was the rooms were not updated. They are also dark and depressing. The clientele hanging around the building was questionable, and parking lots not well lit.

They also charged me over $80!! You can stay at a much nicer hotel in the area for that price. I did not feel safe here and the 'value' is not worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank TravelingTexans007
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I just want to start by saying Wow!! The customer service is absolutely impeccable. The new owner of this great hotel as put a lot of money and time into this place and it shows....The rooms are very clean. The beds are comfortable... I am very picky about hotels. Over all this is a great hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank lacy s
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My son and I checked into yhis motel on Friday, Sept. 7, and got a two bed single room for the night.
Although it was late, the staff greeted us warmly, and speedily got us our key!! Thanks! I was tired!
I was pleased to find our room spotless, the beds crisp and clean, and the small amenities, like the coffee pot, ironing board, shampoo, even a hair dryer...there for our comfort!
This motel is an excellent choice for Quality at a reasonable cost.

Room Tip: I did not have a dog with me, but an enclosed dog run was available!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve A
Reviewed September 8, 2012

we tried this hotel because of the raving reviews and actually were a bit disappointed. The management was very friendly and the improvements like new beds were great and the rooms were immaculate . We had a large family party and requested two rooms together but actually were on two different floors. They advised us that a party had extended and therefore we couldn't have that room. I feel if the room is booked, its booked. The other party should have been advised of that. Ok it wasn't the greatest set up but we made do. I also understand a continental breakfast is usually just pastries and bagels but the bagels and cream cheese were frozen so we headed off to eat elsewhere. I think with an improved continental breakfast this hotel could be a diamond in the rough but they still have a little ways to go.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nclfrequentflyers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Days Inn Lakewood South Tacoma
Best Western Lakewood
Best Western Lakewood
#1 of 6 in Lakewood
2 mi away
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Candlewood Suites Lakewood
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tac...
#1 of 1 in Lakewood Pierce County
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#12 of 27 in Tacoma

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base? Share your experiences!