Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This beautiful hotel is conveniently located just off of the interstate and is within driving distance to SeaTac airport. The cost was reasonable. The front desk staff were incredibly welcoming and kind, the breakfast was plentiful, and the pool was a wonderful 80 degrees. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
SEALAManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2014

Dear Brigitte H,
I was overjoyed to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable and friendly atmosphere during your recent stay with us as that is what we work towards everyday. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back during your future visits to the Lakewood area and providing you with the same great service.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express twice on a recent trip. It was clean, which is most important to me. My room was quiet and they accommodated all my requests easily. For the value of the room compared to rooms in Seattle, it was excellent. It wasn't a long trip to Seattle when I was on my way, but it wasn't exactly next door - be warned. The front desk wasn't the friendliest - but wasn't unfriendly either. My first trip they were training a new front desk clerk so things were chaotic both ways. Either way, they accommodated me and took care of all my needs, clean & comfortable beds, and decent location. Hence why I stayed twice, and why I would go back any day to this property on a future stay in Seattle.

Room Tip: My recommendation is always top floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
SEALAManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear JoshinnorthGA,
I was happy to hear that you were comfortable during your stay and that the room met all of your traveling needs during both your stays. I do apologize that you did not find our staff to be our normal level of welcoming but am happy to hear that they were able to fulfill all of your requests. We always appreciate hearing feedback form our guests and we want to thank you for taking the time to write us a review and let us know how we are doing. We look forward to welcoming you back to the area on your future trips.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed here for three nights and found the staff friendly and the lobby welcoming. The room was good and well cleaners each day. Breakfast was relatively varied and there was a coin laundry. The pool was indoors and there was a basic fitness room with machines and a few free weights. Biggest downside was the internet - as per everyone else's comments the internet was SO slow.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Dear 1985Dan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the internet connection. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Had a horrible experience trying to cancel a reservation with this hotel. Since the AMC flight from Hickam to McChord was cancelled/no seats, and no flights in the near future that I could use, I tried to cancel my booking. Come to find out after the fact that the hotel has a 72-hour cancellation policy (so I would have had to cancel the reservation last Saturday for a reservation I made for today [Monday]), which was NEVER explained at all. Kudos to the nice, patriotic lady at Guest Relations who tried to intervene with the hotel manager directly, and tried to explain the nature of military travel. This place is right next to the base (which is why I chose it) and one would think they would try to be more amenable to the military community?! Please do NOT give this place your bu$ine$$!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Rob C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow us to apologize for the experience you had with your reservations and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M

Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was just a quick overnight stay for my family. When we first checked in, our a/c was not working, I can say they had it going in 5 mins. So that was nice. I agree like others posters have stated, the internet needs help. A hotel of this quality should have reliable internet service. Other then those two things, the place was nice and clean, room were good and we used the pool and hot tub both were very nice.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Darren L,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you liked your room accommodations and found the rooms clean. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We have taken note of your comments regarding the internet service and will use these for the improvement of the service we provide our guests.

Connie D

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel mid-July and this hotel is no longer a very good choice for the business traveler or anybody else that requires an internet connection for any reason. The network connection was exceedingly slow - reminiscent of dial-up days.

If you need a stable and reliable internet connection, you best look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
SEALAManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear LoCld9,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review to let us know how we are doing as we value our guests opinions. I was sorry to hear that you encountered issues with the internet during your stay and we appreciate you letting us know so that we can look into it. I hope that in the future you will take advantage of our twenty-four hour staff so that we can solve any issues you have during your stay.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express - clean, efficient and fine for a night or two stay. It's right off the freeway. Breakfast was pretty good. Check in was quick and easy. Rooms were clean. We reserved a king room but got two queen beds.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Pam,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I do apologize that you were not happy with your room type when a standard room is booked instead of a specific room type we do assign what is available upon check-in but do our best to fulfill all requests. I was happy to hear that you were comfortable during your stay and that our staff was able to provide you with an efficient check in. We hope to see you again during your future visits to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood Pierce County
Quality Inn & Suites
#12 of 27 in Tacoma
Candlewood Suites Lakewood
Hampton Inn and Suites DuPont

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood? Share your experiences!