“Updated, clean, and comfortable Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Updated, clean, and comfortable Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was here for business, stayed at the Government Rate and was upgraded to a "suite".

The hotel is extremely clean and well appointed. Convenient to Joint Base Lewis McChord. The staff was very attentive. The breakfast is the standard Holiday Inn Express fare but the seating area was very spacious. When I return to this area this hotel will be on my list.

Room Tip: Rooms with low numbers (201, 301, 401) are furthest from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MontyCS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Selah, Washington, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Lakewood this weekend, as my husband is at Fort Lewis for a month completing a course. For our own convenience, we try to find a hotel room that includes a separate bedroom so that I can put our one year old son down at his bedtime and still get some alone time as a couple. For that reason, we chose not to stay at our usual comfort inn, as all the suites were full, and after a quick phone call, opted instead for the more expensive Holiday Inn just a little further down the freeway. Upon our arrival, the front desk promptly checked us in, gave us our room keys and told us all about the wonderful 24 hour pool and spa we were so excited to use right away... followed by how it would be closed for our entire stay. We got to our room and discovered the king suite that I had booked over the phone, after specifying why we were looking for a suite, did not in fact include a wall. It was just a slightly bigger hotel room. I brought this up with the front desk and was told in a slightly haughty voice that that was what all suites in the area were like, and the only way I would get a wall would be a jacuzzi suite (which for the record is $199/night before tax). Disappointed, we chose to make the best of things, find a pay movie channel (which was mentioned in the welcome book), and settle in for the night. We had trouble finding the channel and after a quick chat with the front desk- no movies. We instead spent our evening trying to get our son to sleep and still get to watch a little tv together. The next morning, I awoke with bug bites all over my legs. BUG BITES!!! Needless to say, as awesome as the breakfast spread was (it was really good, and so was the hostess), we checked out early, and my son and I cut our visit with Daddy short.
I am not normally someone who complains, but I would never have expected to pay this much for a crappy hotel experience in a place with nice finishes!! We had chosen this hotel based on the quality Holiday Inn is known for, and because it had all the amenities we wanted, which we thought made the price worth it. Instead we got a beautiful hotel with bugs in the bed instead of a pool, spa, wall, and door.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kelsey H
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Let me start off by saying the room itself was great. Comfortable, clean, large, nice bathroom. BUT the pool and hot tub were closed and we specifically chose a hotel with these amenities because of my teen traveling with me. It was quite disappointing. They did give us an address of another hotel where we could use the pool and hot tub, but that's just a bit inconvenient! There was no ice in the ice machines either, and the front desk didn't seem especially concerned as we were. Lastly, the breakfast was VERY underwhelming and COLD for every morning we were there, so I know it wasn't a one-time thing! The location is literally about 20 feet off the highway, so be aware of that as well. Would I stay here again? Maybe, if the price were right and I confirmed that the amenities I had hoped for and paid for were available.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#10 of 28 in Tacoma
Hampton Inn and Suites DuPont

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood

Property: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood
Address: 11751 Pacific Hwy SW, Lakewood Pierce County, WA 98499-5176 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakewood)
Location: United States > Washington > Lakewood Pierce County
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakewood Pierce County
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Lakewood Pierce County