“Visited August 2016”
Review of Hot Ginger

Hot Ginger
Ranked #79 of 161 Restaurants in Lacey
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Lovely decor. Clean. The music level was a bit too loud. Menu selection was large as it reminded me of a photo album. The service was a bit slow at first but after receiving food more ladies came to our table. The food did not arrive at the same time for my party of 3. We ordered 2 beers and a bubble tea. One of the beers was incorrect. Bubble tea was good except for the black tapioca balls. I think too many were put in the drink and ultimately made me a bit queasy later on. The portion size of the bubble tea was exceptional. We order chicken pho which was a very generous portion for a small bowl, pork pineapple fried rice (which was beef), and yakisoba noodles with chicken. Additionally we ordered crab cheese wontons. The wontons were tasty but I believe they were frozen. My noodles didn't taste authentic, almost like it was from a mix or box. The chicken was tasty but seemed precooked. This dish was very different from other yakisoba noodle dishes I've eaten. It wasn't bad tasting per say but maybe a little bland. The chicken pho and pineapple fried rice was well liked. It seemed a little pricey.. Not sure why one dollar sign (even though I figured it would be expensive). if you're looking for a sit-down Asian restaurant vs carryout this may be suitable.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

I enjoyed the pork egg rolls a lot. My shrimp fried rice was good but somewhat greasy. My wife was taken aback with the old sprouts for her Pho. She was not impressed. Time to step up the game and get on the fresh healthy track. Thank you for the experience.

Reviewed June 11, 2016

The meal was very good. The service was also very good. The meal we had was the roasted lemongrass chicken and chicken Pho. The lemongrass chicken also came with a bowl of soup. Good value well prepared. Only problem came paying for the meal. They had to take payment via a written credit card form. We still have not seen the charge. This may not be a problem for us if the meal is free. Hopefully there will not be strange charges on that card account. Just saying.

Reviewed May 26, 2016 via mobile

The phò was very good, the yellow curry was good but not great, the teriyaki chicken was average as well. The waitress took our order, delivered the food and dropped off the check without so much as a smile, eye contact or asking a single question. I am not sure whether we will try here again. It is close by, but there are many dining options, not sure if it's worth a revisit.

Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

Stopped by on my way out of the nail salon. Name of the restaurant in itself is catchy, and I know they haven't been around long, so decided to check them out. When you first walk in, what a nice surprise that it is a trendy spot with trendy music. Most pho places I have visited have outdated decor and do not give the impression of being very up to date. This restaurant is the complete opposite! Not only do they have an extensive pho menu, but they have trendy decor, fun atmosphere, and a bar as well. They have a great happy hour menu for those m-th pho goers, a large number of appetizers and the menu is extensive with stews, curry and pho. I ordered the veggie pho, which was awesome! Flavorful and quite a big portion for a small bowl. My meal came with the usual lime, basil, jalapeños and bean sprouts. I will definitely return for a happy hour and check out the drink menu. So many to choose from!! Impressed with this place from head to toe!

Been to Hot Ginger? Share your experiences!