“Average Holiday Inns but poor service”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel is closeby highway so you can hear the highway noise from the room when I had my window opened. Its a average hotel for holiday inns but didn't like the service provided upon checking in with my co-workers. Check-in person was on his cell phone when we walked in and didn't stop his texting until he was done while we were right in front ready to check in?! That was so rude, I just had to let the management know about it!

• Stayed: May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear gallabill13,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the ambient noise levels, and your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The whole facility is always clean and this is a newer facility so it smells nice. Dining room is clean and always have a nice selection of breakfast food. I haver stayed there several times and never had any problems whatsoever.
It is close to the interstate and easy access. Has several nice restaurants next door also

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We recently stayed at the Lacey HIE for our 3rd time. Once again we had a clean , quiet room with good service. I've stayed at a few HIE locations and find this one to be amongst the best. The pool is always sparkling clean and the breakfast bar is well maintained.

Room Tip: get a room on the other side of the hotel ( not facing the highway )
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Our stays have been consistently comfortable. We have a child attending nearby St. Martin's University. Each of our six visits have been excellent. The rooms are always clean. The staff is wonderful - always willing to help out. The rooms are quiet. We feel right at home. We will continue to return to this Holiday Inn for the next two years!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We needed a place to rest overnight near Olympia, Wa and it was a last minute trip.. which did not help. There are not many hotels that would accommodate us (2 adults and 4 children, ages 9; 7; 5 and 2.) I located the Holiday Inn Express in Lacey, not very far from Olympia and we were given room 101, a large handicap accessible suite on the first floor facing the parking lot.

Our check in was quick and painless! We settled right in to our 2 room suite. One room housed the bathroom, closet, and 2 Queen beds. The next room had a living room (pull out couch), a desk, sink/fridge etc. Very spacious! Everyone had enough space to spread out and relax.

The only small complaint I had was the bedroom window had faux blinds covering the window and a lot of light was allowed in from the parking lot that we could not cover up. The living room area actually had another large window but was dressed appropriately with light blocking curtains so we could shut out all light. I felt that maybe the window treatments should have been both the same OR switched to make more sense....

Other than the above complaint, all was clean, tidy, and fresh.

Unfortunately, our plans did not allow us to partake in their complementary continental breakfast.

Check out was even more painless than CHECK IN! Our check out receipt was placed under our door at around 11 or so and we just cleaned up, packed our truck and went on our way.

All in all a hassle free, no complaint stay in one of the only hotels that could accommodate my large family in this area of Washington.

Room Tip: We stayed on the parking lot side and it was ultra quiet! We even had a room overlooking our vehicl...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Lacey as a good choice among a number of reasonable accommodations in the Olympia area. Clean rooms, newer furnishings, good breakfast choices, and easy access from the freeway are all pluses in my book. I usually stay here when traveling to Olympia for business, and I've not been disappointed yet in the service. During my most recent stay, the hotel was full.... so parking was a little more challenging in the shared lot (with next-door Candlewood Suites). The breakfast room was also fairly busy when I dropped in for a quick bite at 7am; but not crowded, and food was well-stocked. Traffic noise has not bothered me at anytime I've stayed here, but higher floors on the north-eastern side of the building may be better than the low floors on the I-5 side. I'll continue to book the Holiday Inn Express as my preferred choice for an Olympia stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a great hotel. Very clean, friendly staff and a plentiful breakfast. Don't forget the warm cookies they put out in the evening. When I return to this area again I will, without question stay at this hotel!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
Candlewood Suites Olympia/Lacey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey - Olympia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey? Share your experiences!