“My First HI Express Experience After Rebranding”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Loyalty disclaimer....I am a HIlton property guy to the tune of 75 nights a year. I was out visiting some family in the area and sans any Hilton properties, I gave the HIE a try knowing that they have done some rebranding and changing recently to their amenities.

I found the hotel nice and clean although I think they use a cleaner that is kind of old-fashioned hotel style. It was not necessarily a 'pretty' smell.

I mentioned that I was a Hilton Diamond and wondered if they would want to give me a taste of their suite. They offered it but said it was on the freeway side which leads me to believe they get road noise complaints. They did give us a corner room. Not sure if it is roomier than the normal rooms or not. It seemed small compared to the Hampton Inns I have stayed at. The bed was good. Better than a Hilton Garden but not as good as a Hampton Inn. I like the firm and soft pillow option with clearly marked pillow cases.

There was road noise even on our side. The water pressure was fantastic which is a huge positive for me. The room had a fridge which is very nice to have. I also enjoyed the HIE toiletry selection. The fitness center had 2 treads, 1 bike and free weights. The treads worked great despite being a brand I had never been on. The HIE breakfast is highly touted and I was anxious. I would give the nod to Hampton in this category. Yes, the cinnamon rolls and pancakes looked great but with their other items, left very little healthy options for me.

I think this was a decent property overall but I am definitely more impressed with the Hilton brand and overall amenities including their loyalty program. I would certainly stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the freeway side.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed October 5, 2011

This Hotel suited us just fine. Clean and safe stop on our road trip. Like some other reviews, I agree that the traffic noise is loud (both sides) but the smell of the trees offset this. Garbage truck also woke us up at 5 AM,but all and all a good experience.

Room Tip: If its Raining, the traffic noise is just as bad on the south side . . . . maybe the North side is...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Good location, but expect highway noise if your room is on the north side of the hotel. Comp breakfast lacks protein (i.e., meat and eggs) and includes plenty of starch.

Rooms are in decent shape, with clean carpets, sheets, and lots of pillows. Staff is helpful and friendly. Skip the 'fitness center' and go for a run on the city bike/ped path; staff can show you where the trail starts.

If you need a clean place to crash, and want to load up on carbohydrates at breakfast, this might be your hotel. There's just not much more to say about it than that, unfortunately.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Very good travelers' hotel with a near-new feeling. My second-floor room was plenty roomy with an easy chair, good-size work desk and office chair and a decor in carefully chosen brown tones. The bathroom had a marble counter. The hotel has four floors. It is adjacent to Interstate 5 on the east side of the freeway, although separated by a parking lot. I heard no freeway noise. The hotel is next door to the Candlewood Suites hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2011

A good clean place to use as place to stay. The smell of pine trees out front is quite nice however the freeway noise is very loud. I had to move to other side of hotel as it kept me awake. The breakfast was average but they did good job of keeping it stocked as people came through.

Room Tip: Avoid the freeway side !!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The only drawback for this hotel is the location. It is a bit hard to find and not within walking distance of anything. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was outstanding especially in terms of the selection. I would say the breakfast here was the best free hotel breakfast I have had. The rooms were very clean and a decent size.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We do quite a bit of traveling and this by far was the nicest hotel of this rating that we have ever stayed in. The hotel was impeccable from the lobby to the pool and breakfast areas and of course the room. Staff was superior. The desk staff was friendly and courteous, and the cleaning staff did a wonderful job. We didn't need to ask for anything as it was all done correctly the first time. What a treat.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Frida58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
Candlewood Suites Olympia/Lacey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey - Olympia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey? Share your experiences!