“Decent value”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Fenton, Missouri
“Decent value”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I chose this motel b/c of the price. I was coming from St. Louis b/c my son was starting at Evergreen State College. It was about 10-15 min from the school and the least expensive place I could find. While it's not the nicest, most modern place I have ever stayed in, it was a good value for the price. I am not a breakfast person and I left early each morning so I cannot comment on it. The staff was friendly and helpful when needed. Overall, I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
washington state
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I travel a lot for work so I know what kind of room I prefer and where. I prefer the top floor away from the ice machine and stairwell. I couldn't get a top floor room because it's the smoking floor. So I asked for a room anywhere away from the stairs and ice machine...guess what I got? The room was ok sized but the bed was a rock and the tv was as deep as it was wide. The doors don't catch at all so it was slamming doors all evening. The hot tub and sauna was closed the entire time I was there. I needed to print a schematic for work at the last minute and was told the computer didn't work. I had my laptop so I was finally able to print after I downloaded the printer to my computer...at which point the girl at the front desk asked how many pages I was printing because if it was too many she was going to have to charge me! It's an ok location but I would definately not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank jimmybazet

Travelers are raving about these Lacey hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We wanted a location outside nearby Olympia and found this to be comfortable and well priced.
DIY buffet breakfast included waffles and fresh fruit. Room was large and clean with a good bed. Used public computer to print boarding passes.

Room Tip: Some rooms are down a long hall.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GeoDudeSD
Washington
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I thought the hotel was a great value. The price was right and the accommodations very acceptable. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The carpet looked pretty new and overall we were very satisfied. I can't comment on the breakfast, we got up too late. We arrived late at night and the staff was friendly and helpful. We hadn't stayed here before but would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hopsgrl
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I travel for work all over the country, have experienced many different types of lodging
When in the Olympia area there are many motels, my preference has been the king oscar in Lacey, the staff is friendly, the motel is clean, the rooms are average but very clean, the breakfast is better than average, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to operate the waffle machine. The location is attractive because there are eating places well within walking distance, there is security and the price is great, what would you expect for $55.00 per night
hopefully not the Shangri La.
I personally resent the comments from punch you in the nuts, explains his or her mentality.
Have met sherry on a number of occasions, she was very outgoing and friendly. The whole staff that I have met to date has been very helpfull, keep it up King Oscar

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Fred E
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2011

King Oscar motel was nothing more than an overrated Motel 6. The beds were absolutely awful. My back hurt the entire day the next day. The staff was also rude to my family; it wouldn't kill them to vacuum their floors either. The manager (I think her name was Sherry?) needs to learn to focus more on customer service; she was of little help when we voiced our concerns about the lobby's cleanliness, the stiff bed, and overall appearance of the motel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank punchyouinthenuts
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed January 10, 2011

King Oscar Inn was pretty reasonable. It was close to where we needed to be, had a continental breakfast and free parking. The service was just "meh" the front desk workers were not very helpful especially to out of towners. They couldn't even tell us where the nearest cleaners was. And when the waffle maker broker (not our fault) they were just nasty. BUT like I said, it was ok for what we needed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey - Olympia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel

Been to Days Inn Lacey Olympia Area? Share your experiences!