“The lamb is the best, service is poor”
Review of Turkish Kababs - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Turkish Kababs
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went to this restaurant for the first time with our 6 year old. Every time we came by the restaurant, it always seemed to be closed. When we walked in the door, there were 2 other tables filled and all of the other tables had food all over them. We were in the restaurant an hour (they were that slow) and not all of the tables got wiped. As the restaurant got about 6 more tables, each time, the waitress would come by and say, "Sorry I didn't get to wiping your table." Which was, of course, laughable. We ordered my son the fried chicken with fries and these were great, but they seemed like they were Banquet chicken pieces. The fries were OK. They came with a mystery sauce that was obviously not homemade.
She brought out a large salad, with romaine chunks that were enormous, some cucumbers and tomatoes and the lightest sprinkling of feta ever. I think it was 1/2 a teaspoon, and I am not kidding. No feta other than this came on any other dish.
We ordered a combo plate (Asana?) with chicken, beef and lamb. The lamb was absolutely the best. It came with pitas which were pretty good, but I wasn't sure they actually made them. There was some strange rice or pasta which seemed like orzo, it was OK. The dish comes with 2 sides of tatziki. I asked if I could have one of them be hummus. The woman said they were out of hummus. I make pretty delicious hummus myself, how can you be out of hummus? You buy it in a bin and you are out? Why can't they go to the store to get some and make some? Ok. Out of hummus. Ok, can I have the side be tahini sauce. Now, I had some Trader Joe's tahini sauce at home and I was imagining it would be like that. Nope. They sent out the tahini (you know the one you get in the jar to mix into your hummus?) with oil. Yuck. So the whole meal it was like something was missing.
There was one waitress and I thought she was the only one who worked there (why didn't she clean the tables?) but then I saw another lady briefly. The ambiance is totally lame. The décor is really limited and the restaurant was cold. I didn't want to take off my jacket. The restaurant was expensive but there were large portions.
You want Mediterranean food, go to Nineva Assyria in Olympia, it is wonderful.
They are closed Sunday and Mondays

1  Thank Brooke G

Reviewed February 9, 2014

On a first visit on a Saturday at lunch by a prospective customer, a restaurant can’t do much worse. This restaurant issued coupons for a $7.99 Lunch Special that they failed to honor. Not only did they fail to honor the coupon but argued that it wasn’t a coupon but was only an ad despite the fact that it said it WAS a coupon on the coupon. They also argued that it was only a lunch special Monday through Friday despite the fact that that statement was NOT on the coupon. The counter person was not at all enjoyable to deal with. She stated that I could come back on a weekday to get the “special” from the “advertisement”. Won’t be happening…. EPIC FAIL.

3  Thank Tom_and_Allen