“Poor food”

Beau Legs Fish and Chips
Ranked #15 of 154 Restaurants in Lacey
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Orderd fish and chips, greasy, not very good, some of the condiments were pretty good. Very few people there, waitress was very slow, cook was very slow! Food very mediocre!!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of meeting some friends at this restaurant Saturday morning. I had not planned on ordering any food but when I was told that they had shrimp and grits on the weekend menu, I could not resist! Thank goodness I did because they were perfect! The shrimp were large and cooked just right and so were the grits, which is important because nobody likes grits that aren't creamy.

The first thing I thought when I drove up was that there is a Skippers directly across the street and that maybe that wasn't a good plan but I now realize that they are head and shoulders above a chain fish and chips place.

The service was reasonably fast and friendly. The atmosphere is more bar than restaurant but it looks like they might have live music (jazz, I hope!!) in the evenings. The prices were very reasonable, too. All in all, a good experience!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The all fried menu was average in price and taste. They offer a selction of fish and seafood fried items and southern sides. This is an order out or quick eat kinda place, there are few tables. Its just missing something.

1  Thank MEGross
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My hubby and I eat at Beau Legs as often as we can. I am from Georgia and this place has real southern food...ie catfish, okra, collard greens and fried dill pickles...also, pulled pork and po boys we also like the chowder.

1  Thank Annie3749Tumwater
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is the second "Beau Legs" restaurant in the area. We ate there yesterday, and were not disappointed.

The building has seen better days. The atmosphere is straight up sports bar, with the inevitable background music from the 60's.

No matter. I ordered the small basket of catfish, my husband ordered the cod. I was a bit wary: catfish, despite it's humble origins, can be dicey to cook. Overcooked, it's tasteless. Undercooked, it's muddy. Improperly cleaned, it's worthless.
Let's not forget that this is the Land of Salmon. I wondered if the catfish would be properly cooked.
In this case, my catfish was perfect. Hot, not over breaded, perfectly cooked. My husband's cod was the same.
We ordered fries with no salt. While they were obviously industrially produced, they were hot, crispy and perfectly cooked, without a hint of greasiness.
Included were two factory made hushpuppies, which weren't bad, but they still weren't the quality of hushpuppies I learned to love while stationed in North Carolina.

The coleslaw, included in the meal, was good...but it, as well as the tartar sauce, was packed in little plastic tubs. Gad, I hate those things.

Beau Legs offers microbrews, thank goodness. I had the water.

Ironically, Beau Legs is directly across the street from a franchised fish and chips place, Skippers. I won't go back to Skippers, not after eating at Beau Legs.

My only nits are: the paucity of napkins provided by our prompt server, and the fact that the meal was served in a basket-with a pathetic excuse of a flimsy plastic fork.

The fork is utterly useless, so one ended up eating with one's fingers. The napkins were small, so thin as to be tissue thickness and again, unable to properly wipe one's fingers on after eating fries and fish.

Beau Legs, put out some hefty napkins, and use real metal silverware, and you'll get a much higher ranking from me.

But I WILL be back.

Been to Beau Legs Fish and Chips? Share your experiences!