“Excellent food”

Pattaya Thai Restaurant
Ranked #102 of 153 Restaurants in Lacey
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Best Thai Restaurant served original spices of Thai Taste with a experience executive chef and staff cooking in the kitchen. The best Thai Restaurant in south Puget Sound
Franklin, Tennessee
“Excellent food”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The server advised me to go carefully with the spice level and I was glad I did. The Main Street Noodles at 1 1/2 were plenty spicy and the overall flavor was excellent. The decor is minimalist, tables with nothing but glass and silverware. Except the server, the rest of the restaurant staff seemed rather cool and if the food had been only so-so I would not be interested in going back. But the food IS very good and worth returning for more.

• Visited March 2013

Anchorage, Alaska
“Thai food lovers, try this spot”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great food, prepared quickly and served beautifully. The restaurant required wearing one's coat though - very cold ambient temperature. Loved the dishes - I had the lemongrass soup (Tom Ka) with shrimp. Like it hot? Stay on the low side - one dish with 2.5 heat raised as serious sweat.

Visited March 2013
Fort Lewis, Washington
“Fun Thai”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was invited by a local band to come out to hear them play at this restaurant. So to cover the band, there was a 15 dollar ticket. It included a small buffet. This was worth it, I had a great time dancing and the food was not small on taste. I really liked the flavorings of all that I ate. I will be going back there for sure. I met the owner who is a very nice guy and likes to have fun. I enjoyed the evening and the 15 dollars was well worth it.

• Visited February 2013
SeaTac, Washington
“Do the others know good Thai food?--or I disagree!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The ambiance of this restaurant is above average for Lacey. We went on a mid-week afternoon, so I cannot opine on the bar or entertainment options, except to tell you they are there. The Bar takes up about one-third of the restaurant---its a full bar. There was sign that there would be music and dancing in another room adjacent to the bar on the weekend; food included in the cover charge.

Now for the food. Lunches are $8.95. Servings are huge---we took half of each dish home. We had spring rolls-one plate is enough for two as an appetizer. They are nothing special and the peanut sauce was only so-so and different from the peanut sauce on our entree.
The Pad Thai was also unexceptional. We had read reviews on Yelp that warned about the spiciness. We ordered one star--and there was no heat. Our third choice was Rama Bathing which they call something else. They used very large spinach leaves unbroken that were a little hard to manage. There was plenty of spinach and chicken, with a serving of boiled rice on the plate. This dish had a little heat, but not too much. Again we ordered one star. But the peanut sauce though ample had an odd taste.

I can tell you other Lacey and Olympia restaurants that serve better examples of all three dishes--though not all three in one restaurant.
With the new Lemon Grass opening in Hawks Prairie this month---they may have a new challenger in the neighborhood.

Not sure if I will return or not. The closest handicapped parking spot is quite far from the front door. All the adjacent parking spaces had a curb to climb.

• Visited January 2013
Olympia WA
“Bar, entertainment and restaurant--handicapped parking not friendly”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our third choice was Rama Bathing which they call something else. They used very large, but fresh, unbroken spinach leaves that were a little hard to manage. There was plenty of spinach and chicken, with a serving of boiled rice on the plate. This dish had a little heat, but not too much. Again we ordered one star. But the peanut sauce though ample had an odd taste.

Not sure if I will return or not. The closest handicapped parking spot is quite far from the front door. All the close, adjacent parking spaces had a curb to climb.

• Visited January 2013