“If you love Mexican ...............”
Review of Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #32 of 157 Restaurants in Lacey
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been here any number of times. I ALWAYS select the luncheon buffet for the wonderful choices of well prepared food. The lunch time buffet is also very affordable. I cannot report on the menu choices, simply because I have yet to chose from it.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We travel to the Lacey Cabela's store for business a few times a year. This restaurant is always on the list of where we must go to eat. Our kids love it for the atmosphere, freshly made tortillas (that you can watch being made) and the friendly wait staff. We love it for the food. Lots of condiments to go with the hot tortilla chips and great traditional Mexican fare. Kids get free ice cream for dessert.

1  Thank Tiffany H
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I went there on Washington's bithday. It was a busy evening but we were seated immediately. It is a large fairly new restaurant in an area of town that has seen rapid growth in the past ten years. The decor is typical of similar chain type restaurants such as Olive Garden, reasonably nice but lacking originality.

The menu offers extensive Southwest/Mexican choices at reasonable prices. They also offer alternative choices for some foods such as cholesterol-free "frijoles de la olla".

Service was fast and attentive, though not particularly personal or friendly.

The food was well prepared and was served failry quickly. Standard tortilla chips in a basket were served as an appetizer. Four sauces were brought with the chips. This little extra was certainly a welcome upgrade over the standard single small bowl of salsa that most places serve with chips.

I had the Chile Relleno and burrito mandero combination. My wife had the Spinach Enchiladas. Both of us were very hungry when we arrived. We could not finish these two dinners. The servings are very generous.

The prices are typical of a Mexican restaurant, which is to say fairly inexpensive for a good meal at a nice restaurant. This is not a fine dining experience and I would not recommend it for a romantic date, but this is a very decent Mexican restaurant at a good price. A good place for an relaxed family dinner.

1  Thank schota1
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stopped by late afternoon looking for basic filling food. The chips come with several types of salsas or dipping sauces. I tried the crab chimichanga. If it had crab in it, I couldn't taste it for the crust and cheese sauce. It was ok. I asked for a side of guacamole several times but never got it. While the place was nice and the food ok, there was nothing that struck me as tasty enough or special enough to come back. However I did notice other diners obviously enjoying their meals. Your experience may be better than mine.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I like Mexican food, but this is more Tex-Mex than Mex. The Mayan is all about large plates, refried beans and melted cheese. The food has been stripped of any spice or flavor in order to appeal (I supposed) to an American palate.

Obviously I was unimpressed. I tried the Carne Asadas. The steak was too tough. I know that flank steak is typically that way, but 'typically' means it doesn't need to be. Prepared correctly, it isn't tough. It can be favorable, but this one wasn't. In fact, it almost tasted like it wasn't fresh. This is definitely a restaurant I'd like to tour the kitchen and go all 'Ramsey' on them and inspect their walk-in (not to mention the vat where the refried beans are kept warm.)

All this said, The parking lot is always full at meal time, so perhaps I am a minority. I guess... if you like typical Tex-Mex food preparations of iceberg lettuce and shredded cheese on top of a soupy grande burrito, give the Mayan a try. If you want something more... I haven't found an answer for you in the Olympia area.

Been to Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!