“Second stay was better”

Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This was our second stay here, first one was a year ago. We stay here because a relative lives close by. It is VERY easy to find, even with our first visit.

This visit was much better. We called from the road a day ahead to check for availability. A very nice girl said her computer was down but she knew they had a 2 bed room available. So she took our name and said she would hold it for us. We then called the next day before arriving and they had the room all ready. The same girl checked us in and we paid cash and she even let us pass on registering our credit card in case of incidental charges. We got an AARP discount so for 3 of us it was only 77 bucks. The wireless internet worked great, with NO problems. The room was clean although bathroom floors still look a bit dated. Absolutely no noise in the evening. Nice indoor pool which my husband and daughter used. The beds are still a little hard for my liking but I find that with most places we go.

Breakfast the next morning was nothing fancy but it got you fed and on the road. The girl doing the breakfast was also doing checkout and she did a great job!

Sure, it's not the Hilton, but the price isn't either.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dennymas

Reviewed March 5, 2010

Can you find this hotel? It's down an alleyway, no sign from the busy road outside.
When I finally located it (two hours in traffic!) there was no one in Reception.
Three young men were having a fistfight outside the door. They followed me into the building, which was scary. They seemed to be friends with the staff. I had to phone for the Receptionist to get checked in.
The room was cold and dingy, and the promised wireless internet connection didn't work. Reception struggled to provide this for an hour !!!!
They even assigned me a disabled room, and this had no router signal either.
I got a refund, left Olympia and went to Seattle instead.
Never ever go back, it's rubbish!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Illawarra
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Very nice place to stay on last night of trip. Good restaurant across the street that has great food.

Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2009

After reading all of the bad reviews I was leary to stay here. But it was close to where we wanted to be and it was only for one night. I probably wouldn't stay for more than one night. Front desk girl was very pleasant and accommodating. Lobby was very clean. Dogs are welcome. I don't think we had anyone on either side of us because our room was quiet. No view out the window except a shrub. I could tell that the screen had been messed with as if someone tried to break in so we didn't leave the window open while we were gone. When first entering the room the smell of garlic was so overwhelming and gross. My hubby hunted down a maid and she gave us a bottle of deodorizer to spray the carpets, bed, or anything as much as we wanted. That seemed to help. The bathroom floor was old and didn't feel very clean. Then I found a dirty hand towel on the back of the door and a dirty washcloth hung up on the shower curtain rod. The bed was VERY hard and uncomfortable. Continental breakfast the next morning was decent.

So if you just wanted a place to lay your head for the night, this hotel is OK for the price.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2008

I have stayed here in the past, and have been pretty happy with my stays here. It's not the best, but the price was good.

The staff was friendly and check in was smooth. The internet in the rooms work good, but you need to be in the third floor towards the center of the building since that is where the modem is. We have stayed on the bottom floor in the past and the internet doesn't work well from there. The shower pressure was nice. They offer a pool and a free breakfast, neither of which I have used so I can't really comment on those aspects. The rooms seemed clean and like they may have been recently painted. Oddly enough my rooms furniture looked like it came from a Motel 6. The location is nice, since it is right off the freeway and is right next to a Denny's where you can eat at any time of day or night.

There are some negative things about this place. First of all the beds are rock hard (I have stayed at some Super 8s with really nice beds). The hot water didn't last long at all. The TV picture quality wasn't that great. In my dad's room 2 of the 3 lights either didn't work or the light bulbs were burned out.

I still think that despite it's issues, it is an ok place for a budget traveler. There are many other options for hotels at that exit, so you may want to look at thoes first.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank travelgalpdx
Reviewed April 6, 2008

We booked a queen suite to accommodate 4 of us for one night. After a smooth check in we walked in a damp smelly room on the lower floor. The carpet was dirty and the washroom just adequate. We opend all the windows to let some fresh air in but the smell never went away till the time we checked out. Will spend more money next time and stay in better properties next door.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank psahaye
Reviewed September 30, 2007

This place is dirty. I had a room, and changed rooms because of the stains on the carpet, yellowish-brown tinted sheets, and a broken lock and no screen in the window room. What I got in exchange was the same thing along with dirt on the ledge of the tub and pubic hair in the tub to go with it.. I could almost feel the moist dirty carpet entering the fabric of my socks as I walked around the room.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey - Olympia
Candlewood Suites Olympia/Lacey
5 mi away
Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater
Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey

Been to Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area? Share your experiences!